February 2013 Moms
Options

So tired of worrying about movement...

So I went in to my MW on Monday because LO was not moving very much at all.  They strapped a monitor to me and everything looked perfectly normal.  She was pretty inactive, but the MW said she was just a sleepy baby.  Her heartrate would increase when the MW moved her and she reacted the way she was supposed to.  Of course Monday night she was squirming up a storm and then Tuesday and Wednesday I was amazed at all the movement!  Then yesterday it gets quiet again.  And now today I can barely get her to move at all.  I can't just keep going to the Dr. on quiet days, but I also can't drink a juice box and lay down on my left side at work.  How do you ladies cope with this?  I can get LO to move sometimes if I push on her, but all this stuff about paying attention to your LO's movement is so confusing to me.  My MW was very nice about it all, but she kind of told me I need to try and not worry so much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: So tired of worrying about movement...

• Options
    If you are really active during the day she will be sleepy and probably moves a ton at night when you are asleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Honestly, when I'm up and about I get distracted and don't notice him much at all. I only start to worry when I lay down for bed at night if I realize I haven't noticed anything at all (he's usually at least squirming between 9 and 10) and if that's the case, I poke, prod, and drink a small glass of cranberry juice. He really isn't that active unless I'm laying down, relaxed and sitting, or trying to do something that involves handling breakables. I swear I got the worst kick/punch/headbutt directly to the cervix last night right as I was putting away dishes. Dropped and broke a glass because it caught me so off guard, and last week it was taking the outdoor ornaments out of boxes to hand to my father (I dropped and broke 2) lol

Maybe try a little glass of juice and laying down for a little while each night when you get home? Maybe she's just like my boy and active when you're busy and not really noticing it :)

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just chalk it up to my baby having lazy days. Some days he only kicks a couple times and other days there's non stop movement. Like right now, no movement but I've learned he likes to sleep in. In the evening he's super active. You just have to learn the baby's sleep patterns. Also some baby's are just less active than others. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with them.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    imagejessicalgilmore:

So I went in to my MW on Monday because LO was not moving very much at all.  They strapped a monitor to me and everything looked perfectly normal.  She was pretty inactive, but the MW said she was just a sleepy baby.  Her heartrate would increase when the MW moved her and she reacted the way she was supposed to.  Of course Monday night she was squirming up a storm and then Tuesday and Wednesday I was amazed at all the movement!  Then yesterday it gets quiet again.  And now today I can barely get her to move at all.  I can't just keep going to the Dr. on quiet days, but I also can't drink a juice box and lay down on my left side at work.  How do you ladies cope with this?  I can get LO to move sometimes if I push on her, but all this stuff about paying attention to your LO's movement is so confusing to me.  My MW was very nice about it all, but she kind of told me I need to try and not worry so much.

• Options
    imagejessicalgilmore:

Does your baby react to music?  My little girl was having a very, very quiet morning yesterday.  She kicked a bit before I got out of bed, and then I didn't hear her move for hours and I started getting worried.  So I put some music on my phone and held it up to my belly, and sure enough, she started wiggling around!!

• Options
    My baby is not a mover. He will move a bit when we read to him or when I first lie down at night or when I have sugar but it is just for short bursts. His heart rate has always been normal and when we did the 3D ultra sound he slept and just fidgeted a bit in his sleep. I think it might just be his personality.
  • Options

I'm convinced that movement has alot to do with personality.  I remember for my first I would have to lay down and wait for movement.  Now, at 3 1/2, she's pretty low key.  My second was alot more active in the womb and is, at 2, very active.  Now I'm pregnant with my third and he is WILD.  I'm scared!  :p

ivy zofia born 02/20/09, eden fiona born 11/12/12, baby boy due 12/28/13!! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

My mother-in-law had 5 babies all born beautifully. She also used to be a nurse. She told me not to worry unless I didn't feel ANYTHING for 3 days. I've felt at least a little every day. I checked this with my doctor and midwife, they agreed. Apparently the babies sleep something like 12-16 hours at a pop so it may end up that there's days you just don't feel her. It's not good for you to get so stressed about it, for your sake and for the baby's. I've found I have a much happier/calmer pregnancy doing it this way.

Also, fun fact, the one baby my mother-in-law said pushed the limit of the 3 days without moving the most is her most active child and one of those people who makes me exhausted to watch her. You'd never have imagined it. So it doesn't even necessarily speak to the vitality/energy-level of the baby if they don't move much. They could just be doing all their sleeping for their lives at one time!

Take care, hope this helps! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry if she isn't moving while you are at work - just try laying down when you get home. 
Search Boards
"
"