Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Son diagnosed with HSP. Anyone familiar please help?

Hi Ladies,

My son was dx as having HSP. He started two days ago with this bilateral ankle rash with lower extremity edema. I brought him into the pedi the day the rash presented and they said it was an allergic reaction ( well the NP did). Yesterday I felt that diagnosis was not accurate and brought him back in and saw his pedi. He dx within minutes as having HSP.

They went over everything with us. We are scheduled for a f/u on monday morning. They checked his urine for blood and that was negative thank god. We are scheduled to have monthly urine checks for 6 months.

I just wanted to know if anyone on this board is familiar with this condition. If so, what and how did you manage it. We are also giving motrin as needed for any discomfort.

Are there any foods that could help this condition be rid from the body faster? Or, any foods in particular that could trigger this condition. I know the main trigger is post a cold/virus. But just wanted to see about anything else!

Was shocked and alarmed hearing our pedi tell me this~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Son diagnosed with HSP. Anyone familiar please help?

• Options
    What is HSP?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    The general outlook for HSP is very good, but there are some serious complications that you should be on the lookout for. It is your pedi's job to make sure that you are educated about these things. You need to call your pedi back. This is not info you should be getting from a message board or Dr. Google.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Maybe there was a misunderstanding in reading my message. I was just looking to speak with other moms that may have or are experiencing HSP with their LO's.

We went over all the symptoms and treatments for HSP with our pedi extensively. And, have a very thorough plan of care in place to monitor our LO to make sure that he is safe and on the right track for being monitored and cared for.

Like I said previously the post above was more to get experiences from other mom and if there was anything diet related that we could do that may help. It was not by any means to replace the medical advice we have already been given nor have moms on the board diagnose our situation.

These boards are for sharing not to provide medical advice to which is taken over that of an MD.......we fully get that. As I think most all the moms do on this board!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would check out babycenter, they have a lot of specialized boards over there and when ,y kids have had health issues I have gotten good info over there, though I think since Hsp is pretty unusual you might have a hard time. Good luck and hope all goes smoothly for him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"