February 2013 Moms
Options

Braxton hicks or constipation?

As a result of my glucose test, it revealed I had low iron so in addition to prenatal vitamins, I have to take an iron supplement. Both of which can cause constipation (not to mention that just being pregnant causes this!). The last two or three days I've felt really cramp-y, almost like menstral cramps, low in my belly where my unpregnant uterus would be, but I'll also feel cramps in my mid to low back with pressure and discomfort on my bowels. The kicker is I'm going to the bathroom regularly (almost more regular than before I got pregnant), although its a little hard (pardon the pun and tmi) but still, I'm going. Are these Braxton hicks or just cramps from constipation?? Any advice is much appreciated.

Re: Braxton hicks or constipation?

• Options
    I think it's constipation. I've had great BM's the entire pregnancy and just started iron pills 4 days ago. Lately I've been feeling the same as you. I can still go to the bathroom, but it's more frequent and doesn't feel like I'm emptying out. Along with a lot more cramping and being uncomfortable in general because I feel so blocked up.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    A friend of mine with an intestinal disease swears by popcorn to get you to go. So far it's been working really great for me whenever I've needed it. Worked for my Granny too! Lol. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's different! I'll have to try it, thanks! Well good to know it's probably just constipation but hopefully I'll be able to tell when a Braxton Hick comes along!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"