October 2011 Moms
Options

SoCal ladies-need hotel recommendation

(SoCal ladies-need hotel recommendation)

Ok, so DH's Homecoming is at Miramar Base in San Diego.  I have to get a hotel room nearby.  I'll have Ronin but would like some privacy when he goes to sleep.  Any hotel recommendations with rooms large enough to have a pack & play fairly far away from the bed?  Is this a stupid question?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: SoCal ladies-need hotel recommendation

• Options
    Blu is your girl to answer this!
  • Options
    What if you stayed at a Marriott Residence inn or homewood suites? Then you could put the pack n play in the living area so that you can have privacy in the bedroom. And breakfast is included Bonus!
    Sorry. Mobile. Too lazy to go back and fix the capitalization and grammar errors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have an answer but if need be, you can always put the P'n'P in the bathroom or closet. We did that in the Marriott we stayed in on our Cali road trip because the room was so small, but instead of the closet, I just rolled the P'n'P in the little hallway to the bathroom just so she couldn't see us and would sleep. Otherwise she would stand there yelling at us while we watched TV or were on our phones until we picked her up because we didn't want the neighboring people to get annoyed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    imageStewartandmaura:
    What if you stayed at a Marriott Residence inn or homewood suites? Then you could put the pack n play in the living area so that you can have privacy in the bedroom. And breakfast is included Bonus!
    Sorry. Mobile. Too lazy to go back and fix the capitalization and grammar errors.

I second this! We stayed at the one in Long Beach, CA. We paid for a studio but when checking in, asked if there were any free upgrades. They put us in a huge room: kitchen, living room, full bath, and bedroom downstairs....and a loft with another bedroom and full bathroom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

imageElsa1984:
    imageStewartandmaura:
    What if you stayed at a Marriott Residence inn or homewood suites? Then you could put the pack n play in the living area so that you can have privacy in the bedroom. And breakfast is included Bonus! Sorry. Mobile. Too lazy to go back and fix the capitalization and grammar errors.
    I second this! We stayed at the one in Long Beach, CA. We paid for a studio but when checking in, asked if there were any free upgrades. They put us in a huge room: kitchen, living room, full bath, and bedroom downstairs....and a loft with another bedroom and full bathroom!

Oh, good idea!  Thanks! 

• Options

I would look into the hotels around UTC - there are a lot and they're close to the base.  I think Embassy Suites might be your best bet in terms of space. With the Sheraton maybe coming in second?  Then you can add in the Marriott and Hyatt if you want to grab a suite there.

Or you can drop Ronin off with us and enjoy a night with your DH!

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

I would look into the hotels around UTC - there are a lot and they're close to the base.  I think Embassy Suites might be your best bet in terms of space. With the Sheraton maybe coming in second?  Then you can add in the Marriott and Hyatt if you want to grab a suite there.

Or you can drop Ronin off with us and enjoy a night with your DH!

Stupid question, but what is UTC?  

Don't tempt me with the 2nd point, Blu-I haven't had a night alone with DH since April...We have some serious catching up to do!!!  (On an unrelated note, I was going to do a shout out to SoCal ladies to see if anyone was around or up for a last minute GTG next Wed?  I'm going to fly in Wed morning, and DH gets in Thurs afternoon.  I know there are a few of you awesome ladies in that general area and would love to meet any of you IRL while I'm down there!) 

• Options

imageStewartandmaura:
    What if you stayed at a Marriott Residence inn or homewood suites? Then you could put the pack n play in the living area so that you can have privacy in the bedroom. And breakfast is included Bonus! Sorry. Mobile. Too lazy to go back and fix the capitalization and grammar errors.

This! I love the Residence Inn!! I've stayed at one in FL and for DS's birthday when we were around Disneyland.  

ega Pictures, Images and Photos support our troops Pictures, Images and Photosega Pictures, Images and Photos Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    UTC = University Town Center. It's basically "down the street" from the base. Miramar road becomes La Jolla Village Drive and everything on La Jolla Village Drive is considered UTC

And I can't do Wednesday during the day, but I can meet up for dinner/drinks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageblu-eyedwife:
    UTC = University Town Center. It's basically "down the street" from the base. Miramar road becomes La Jolla Village Drive and everything on La Jolla Village Drive is considered UTC And I can't do Wednesday during the day, but I can meet up for dinner/drinks!

So, DH emailed and said that his homecoming is at Miramar, but he doesn't need to be near there at all after that.  He wants me to get a hotel in downtown San Diego.  Any recommendations there?  

I'd love to do dinner/drinks Wed night if you can!!  The alternative is hang with the ILs that I see daily now.  I just found out that they are driving down for his homecoming, too.  Wanna guess how I feel about that?!   

• Options

So I tend to stay "boutiquey" when it comes to downtown hotels, and our downtown hotels aren't known for having a lot of extra space.  You may want to look into the Marriott (I think it's the Marriott Marina - not the one on Broadway) because I think their rooms all have a little "sitting area" which might mean they're bigger.

I get off work at 5 on Wednesday.  I can probably do dinner around 6.  LBB just banged his head on something, but I'll PM you with my email/phone number a bit later.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"