Wisconsin Babies
Options

Eau Claire-Hospital advice! Sacred Heart/Luther?

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently 5 months pregnant and my husband and I just moved to Eau Claire from Milwaukee.  I was wondering if there are any Eau Claire area mommies or soon to be mommies who have any suggestions on the doctors or hospital systems up here.  I was told Dr. Lysy out of Marshfield Clinic is fantastic, but apparently she delivers out of Sacred Heart---my husband and I just toured there today and were not completely impressed with the facilities.  I've seen pictures and video online of the new Luther campus through Mayo Clinic and that looks a lot more like the hospital my doctor near Milwaukee practiced out of.  Any advice on doctors or hospitals would be fantastic, I'm just not sure where to go, we don't really know anyone in the area.

Re: Eau Claire-Hospital advice! Sacred Heart/Luther?

• Options
    My sister delivered at Luther and the experience was really good from what I could tell.  I was impressed with them.  They didn't push meds and took a pretty laid back/natural approach to delivery while still having meds available if you wanted them.  They were very on top of things such as treating jaundice right away so it didn't need to be worried about when my sister and her son went home.  They were also very supportive of breastfeeding.  She sees Dr Weber.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I live in the Eau Claire area!  I may be biased because I have worked at Luther for 5 years, but I would much rather deliver there than at Sacred Heart.  The Women's Health unit is pretty brand new, about 2 years old.  I've met and worked with a lot the the OBs there and I honestly can say that they are all great.  I personally see Dr. Yun, who is fabulous.  I do also know about a few of the Drs through Sacred Heart also.  I'm not sure if you will see this, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  I'd be more than happy to help you out
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So glad I saw this post. We just moved to Eau Claire from Milwaukee as well. We have a 2 year old. Do you like it so far? What brought you here? I have started trying to find which OB/GYN I would like to start to see. I am thinking I would like to get into the Luther clinics. I am currently on the search for a pediatrician - I am going to have hard time topping our pedi from Milwaukee. Good luck with your delivery! Hope you were able to find place that fits you best.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like it a lot so far! I grew up in the Chicago area and then lived in Milwaukee during college and law school and found a job up here, so my husband and I made the big move in November.  So far I have found the transition very smooth and we've even found a bunch of favorite restaurants and places to go already.  What brought you guys up here?  I was excited to see your post and that someone else made the cross-state transition too! 

We are also looking for a pediatrician, so if you should find a good one, please let me know!  Also, for an OB/GYN, I have been seeing Dr. Lysy, who does practice out of Marshfield Clinic/Sacred Heart which was less ideal for me, but Dr. Lysy and everyone in the practice have been so wonderful, I decided not to switch.  I would definitely recommend her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"