TTC after 35
Options

Decisions, decisions

I'm 37 years old.  I have Crohns Disease and Epilespy, both well controlled, but on medication.  DH and I would like to try for our next LO, but I would prefer a Spring baby.  If we start trying now, we're likely to have a fall baby.  I'm prone to anxiety and depression during fall/winter, and having my first LO in May definitely helped alleviate PPD.  Also, considering I'll be juggling a newborn and a toddler, it would be a whole lot easier if I could take the kids outside.  It would also be great to not worry about flu season with a newborn. 

It seems we get P easily, as we tried last month, but m/c at 5w5d.  Both of my OBs (reg and high risk) determined it was likely just a fluke.  We conceived the very first month trying for DS also.  Fertility doesn't seem to be a problem.

On the other hand, I'm eager to start trying, and have another LO while DS is as young as possible.  Plus, I'm always nervous about my high risk situation (medications and Crohns/Epilepsy, as well as age), and I'm eager to get past all that with as absolute minimal risk as possible.  Finally, I'm a SAHM, and the sooner our family is complete, the sooner I can return to work.  I love working and SAH equally, but while I'm having babies, I feel like home is where I belong.

SO, after speaking to my OB and High Risk OB, it seems that I'm splitting hairs as it relates to my risk.  In the end, it's just a decision we have to make.  I'm so conflicted!!  Thinking about both scenarios makes me so nervous...

Thanks for reading this, and if you've gotten this far, you deserve an award!   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Decisions, decisions

• Options

These are the times that you need to take a deep breath and follow your heart, aka intuition.  Your doctors have told you one of the most important issues about your health and they feel that you will be fine, so it is just the one about a spring baby or fall.  Maybe, get online to see about what type of activities you can do with your little ones in the fall to make the experience suitable. 

I don't have children yet, so I am no expert but I do know that we make our best decisions when we relax and just take some time to think about our true desires...maybe, write it out in a flow chart or something like that...being able to see your ideas/thoughts on paper or on a spreadsheet can really help demonstrate the path that you want to take.  Hopefully, that helps.  Best of luck to you.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options

I can appreciate your concerns about having a fall/spring baby due to your anxieties, and I think you are very lucky to have gotten pregnant quickly, however as someone who has been trying for 16 months, JUST DO IT :) The thrill of having a new one, and focusing on the both children will probably releive you of your ability to have depression, focus on the positives of first holiday family photos, first holidays etc etc I wouldn't waste time worring about a possiblity!

But as always you know whats best for you, and I wish you success and happiness in your life! Good Luck :)

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
      It's true that I have to follow my heart, and also that once a new baby is here, the anxiety and difficulties might just take a back seat to excitement and novelty, which may get me through.  I have until my next AF to decide! Thank you for your replies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"