Infertility
Options

Passing clots

I will warn you now this is kinda gross but Im a little nervous and wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen.

A little history. I had a m/c at 5w3d back at the begining of September. I have had 2 cancelled FET since then due to my lining not thickening and the second one I also had a strange bleeding/discharge. It was almost black but didnt really look like blood and thicker almost like a discharge. My RE is doing a hysteroscopy this month to try and see whats going on inside my uterus thats not letting my lining get thick. I had a colposcopy on Tuesday and AF started last night. A few minutes ago I could feel something sitting at the bottom of my vagina almost like my pad had worked its way in there. I go to the restroom and wipe and there is a clot the size of a prune and quite firm. I have passed clots often before but never this large or firm. Is it possible this is my m/c just now coming out even though I have had AF since? I woiuld think the embryo would have been to small at that point to be the size of a prune. Or is this a correlation between the trauma of the biopsys and AF together. im sorry I know this is gross and descriptive but Im a little worried about what that was. I go to my RE tomorrow for a baseline and u/s so I will ask them but just wondering if you ladies have ever had something like this happen to you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Passing clots

• Options
    I have no idea... did you possibly save it (I know, gross)?  But they could test it. 
    Me: 43 DH: 39 - AMA, DOR
    Mommy to Sami (IVF), Born 8.30.13
    Surprise non-assisted BFP - 12.29.2014, Beta 1 = 322, Beta 2 = 760
    EDD 9.7.2015

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    No, I didn't even think of that. Damn. I inspected it and flushed it in a slight panic. Wish I would have thought of that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Maybe you had a small fibroid in the lining and when it started shedding from AF, it came out with it? 

Sorry, hun. I doubt it was from the MC but def ask your RE tomorrow!  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and they did a pregnancy test on Tuesday before the colposcopy so 99.9 percent sure I wasn't pregnant. I don't think it was the m/c either but I couldn't help but think that when I saw it and it was unlike any other thing I have ever passed.
  • Options
    It could have been scar tissue that came out in your lining. I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. My doctor found something when she did the saline sono, and I am pretty sure it came out after that. I would have brought it in, but I was out of the country. Mine was like a piece of calamari, and I had never had anything like that before. When I described it to the doctor, she said it was most likely scar tissue that came out with my period. She said that she probably loosened it during the sono, causing it to detach and come out. I don't know what a colposcopy is, but if there were things moving around in your ute, possibly that is what happened to you too. Oh, the joys of IF....

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I remember something similar after my colpos(I've had 2). It could be the clotting agent they use on the cervix after the biopsy. If its not anything more than spotting, you should be ok. Again, just going on memory here. HTH!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

No experience, butin a strange way I'd be happy?  Probably not good that it was in there?  Def tell yourRE.  Fun, this IF, right? (((hugs))) 

Me: now over 40, careerwoman; DH: 34 love of my life
    Blood work, anatomy and his SA = in fine shape say drs
    Our journey so far:
    7/09: BFP m/c 6w s/e/p, 2 rounds methotrexate
    4/10 BFP m/c 6w D&C..it was a boy :(
    6/10-2/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
    3/11: Clomid cycle, BFN
    4/11-9/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
    10/11 IUI #1 BFN
    Have to breathe over next few months.
    Feb 2012: IVF #1, max stims, only 3 retrieved, all fertilized, only 1 transferred on Day 3. BFN.
    RE says move to DE. DE it is.
    DE IVF #1 - 10/29: 12 eggs retrieved, 10 fert. 11/2: Day5 transfer 2 'perfect' blasts. 4 blasts on ice. 11/11: Beta #1 at 9dp5dt = 72.7 11/13: Beta #2 at 11dp5dt: 30.3 c/p :( WTF appt 11/27: RE a little dumbfounded. Checking Thyroid panel again, Hysterogram as well; FET most likely in Jan. '13.have reconsidered a parallel path of adoption.
    PAIF&SAIF always welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"