Pregnant after IF
Options

No wonder I haven't been feeling well

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been feeling like crap lately so I haven't been Bumping much. Dizzy, lightheaded, nauseated, short of breath, feeling really weak, and near constant headaches.

Today I had my 1 hour glucose test. Not only did I fail that miserably (159) I am also anemic. My hemaglobin is down 4 points from my norm. 

I take the 3 hour GTT next week but I am not very optimistic. I am overweight and have a heavy family history of diabetes. I think I will start looking at my diet and change how I eat regardless. Even if I end up passing, its probably only a matter of time before it becomes an issue. 

They aren't starting me on iron yet, they want me to try adding more dietary iron first. I think I will use this as an excuse for DH to grill me steak more often :)

I'm bummed about the results but hopefully now I can do something about it and start feeling better. Especially since I am almost in 3rd tri and know that is probably going to be rough anyway!

Re: No wonder I haven't been feeling well

• Options

Not that it will solve your problem, but my sugar was 154 at my 1 hour and i changed my diet - my sugars went to 85-90. i followed a pretty strict regimen...cut out a lot of the empty carbs i was eating in the morning, and ate all carbs with protein (apple with cheese, toast with PB). I also subbed two high protein Boost drinks a day (late morning and late afternoon) and really stepped up the lean proteins for dinner and cut out sweets at night. I know it sucks and isn't fun, but I guarantee you that you will feel better. I feel 100% better than before when i wasn't concentrating on what I was eating.

I hope you feel better! I also was anemic and started taking iron supplements at night (since I take PNV in the morning). It doesn't make a huge difference to the way I feel, but anything I can do makes me feeling better. best wishes!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • Options
    I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Now that you know what's up, I hope you will be back in tip top shape very soon! Get well!
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you are feeling better soon and that your blood sugars don't become to much of an issue!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    I hope you feel better son!  I was anemic and diagnosed with GD around the same time as you are now.  I was miserable and felt 100 times better after starting my GD diet and Iron supplements.  
    TTC since June 2011
    DH diagnosed with Testicular Cancer 8/2010
    Low sperm count. Only option IVF with ICSI
    Starting First cycle Jan/Feb 2012- Canceled due to not responding to BCP and/or Lupron
    IVF 1.2- stims March 14, ER March 24, 16 R 10F 6 made it to blast
    ET March 29- transferred two blasts, 4A and 4BA, froze 4
    Positive HPT 9dp5dt Beta 1- 385 11dp5dt
    u/s April 25- one healthy heartbeat
    EDD 12/12/12>

• Options
    I'm glad you now know why you've been feeling poorly.  And I think it's great that you're going to change things now, regardless of the 3hr test.  I try to maintain a low carb/sugar diet, but there are times when I fall off the wagon.  I feel so much better once I cut them out of my diet again.  You should notice a difference within a couple of days. 

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Hope you start feeling better soon : )

I don't know anything about the GT, but at 13 weeks I would be out of breath just walking up the stairs or across the room and was thinking I was in trouble if I was struggling this early (I have always been a cardio junkie). My blood test showed my iron was low and she put me on Ferralet (Iron), and it has been like night and day.

Enjoy those steaks!

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
    Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
    IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
    12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
    SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
    ~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

• Options
    Thanks everyone! The instructions for the test said to eat carbs normally for the three days leading up to the test and then fast 12 hours before, so I guess I won't be cutting back yet. I have been researching though and coming up with snack/meal ideas just in case :) Definitely hoping I start feeling a little better once we get all this figured out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"