2nd Trimester
Options

Irritable mommy

I am the devil lately. I feel so bad because I am SO irritable and I try my best to keep my mouth shut and be patient and nice to others. I get so irritated with people though. I get so annoyed with small repetative things my roommate does. From her smacking her food to the stupid man humor shows she watches (Blue Mountain State). I just absolutely want to SCREAM AT HER. But I leave the room. She never asks me if I want to watch it and she knows I hate that idiotic show, she plays episode after EPISODE on Netflix and it drives me nuts!! What can I do to control my temper before I snap at her and say something mean? I don't want to hurt her feelings but lately I get SO irritated with her and her obnoxious beltching and what not. Any advice? Anybody else as annoyed with the world as I am? These hormones are getting the best of me.

Re: Irritable mommy

• Options
    What works the best for me is to be completely honest with my husband. I just come clean about being super hormonal. Just because we are feeling it doesn't mean that it is an acceptable emotion to heave onto another person. Admitting to yourself that you are ruled by hormones makes it a lot easier to control. Not only that, but when people realize that we are essentially crazy for about 9months, but we know that we are and we are truly sorry for hurting them, it is easier for them to be understanding of us and our craziness. It also makes it easier to laugh at yourself if you are honest about who you are right now. 
    Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    Wow.  It must be awesome living with you.  No wonder she hasn't invited you to sit down and watch tv with her.  Maybe she finds you equally annoying and is purposefully driving you away with something she knows will cause you to leave the room.  If you are really this angry, maybe you should get some counseling. 

I made it clear I havent said or done anything to her because I do not want to hurt her feelings. This is where I came to talk about it and how to handle it because I care about how others feel. I cannot help but get irritated with how she behaves but she does not know because I dont know how to talk about it without sounding mean or hurting her feelings. I came here for advice. Not criticism. I respect your opinion, but please refrain from being mean to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBliss+Berry:
    Wow.  It must be awesome living with you.  No wonder she hasn't invited you to sit down and watch tv with her.  Maybe she finds you equally annoying and is purposefully driving you away with something she knows will cause you to leave the room.  If you are really this angry, maybe you should get some counseling. 

LMAO 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    imagenewmommiee91:

imageBliss+Berry:
    Wow. &nbsp;It must be awesome living with you. &nbsp;No wonder she hasn't invited you to sit down and watch tv with her. &nbsp;Maybe she finds you equally annoying and is purposefully driving you away with something she knows will cause you to leave the room. &nbsp;If you are really this angry, maybe you should get some counseling.&nbsp;

I made it clear I havent said or done anything to her because I do not want to hurt her feelings. This is where I came to talk about it and how to handle it because I care about how others feel. I cannot help but get irritated with how she behaves but she does not know because I dont know how to talk about it without sounding mean or hurting her feelings. I came here for advice. Not criticism. I respect your opinion, but please refrain from being mean to me.

OP, nobody was mean to you.
  • Options
    imageshibby00:
    imagenewmommiee91:

imageBliss+Berry:

OP, nobody was mean to you.

Maybe not, just thought it was a little harsh. It would be one thing if I was being mean to my roomie, but I am not. I am only asking for helpful advice on how to deal with my irritability and venting about it.

• Options

Yes I can talk to her I suppose, I just hope she understands. I dont want her to think its ONLY her, she is just the person I am around the most! lol. And yes I do feel bad about about how I feel, at the end of the day we still love the ones we get annoyed with. Thanks for the advice Smile

• Options
    Sounds like you just need to talk to her. Good luck and do it on a good day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagenewmommiee91:

imageBliss+Berry:

I realize that I'm making a large assumption that you are a grown adult, but how is it that you don't know how to have a conversation with someone without being mean or insulting?  

Furthermore, chances are that your irritation and annoyance shows in your actions, regardless of whether you mean it to or not.   

I just I just dont want to hurt her when I tell her shes annoying me, nobody wants to hear that they are irrtitating to someone. She has a tendency to get her feelings hurt easily, what I am trying to resolve his how to tell her she irritates me without sounding like hurtful. Sad I do catch myself shooting an annoyed look at her when she belches really loud or something. And what I meant by the television show was not that she doesnt invite me to watch it with her, it is that she knows I am not a fan of the show and she plays it all the time without asking me if I would like to watch something else. I dont say anything to her though! She will never know how I feel unless I tell her... I wrote this post in the midst of my annoyance, I can see how it came off pretty rude but I don't ever fight with her, ever! And I am trying to keep the peace!

• Options

wait, you want her to invite you to watch a tv show that you don't even like?

i would just say "hey do you mind if we watch something else tonight?" 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageBliss+Berry:

HEHE! See, hormones at work right here on this thread. The proof is in the pudding, my friend.  Us pregnant ladies sometimes can't help ourselves, we just snark out. 

Lost but never forgotten <3 : </br> 1st BFP 2/8/06 m/c @ 12 weeks; 2nd BFP 2/9/07 w/ Clomid; DD (Monica Caroline) born 11/16/07; 3rd BFP 3/25/11 w/ injections m/c @ 5 weeks; 4th BFP 8/3/11 w/ injections diagnosed blighted ovum; 5th BFP 1/20/12 m/c @ 9 weeks; 6th BFP 4/27/12 Praying for our rainbow Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageRussianMommy:

wait, you want her to invite you to watch a tv show that you don't even like?

i would just say "hey do you mind if we watch something else tonight?" 

Lol no I phrased it weird I guess! I meant she watches the show all the time that I dont like and never asks if maybe i want to watch something else. She knows I dont care for the show, I will try your approach. Thank you Smile

• Options
    imagenewmommiee91:
    imageBliss+Berry:
    imagenewmommiee91:

imageBliss+Berry:

I realize that I'm making a large assumption that you are a grown adult, but how is it that you don't know how to have a conversation with someone without being mean or insulting?  

Furthermore, chances are that your irritation and annoyance shows in your actions, regardless of whether you mean it to or not.   

I just I just dont want to hurt her when I tell her shes annoying me, nobody wants to hear that they are irrtitating to someone. She has a tendency to get her feelings hurt easily, what I am trying to resolve his how to tell her she irritates me without sounding like hurtful. Sad I do catch myself shooting an annoyed look at her when she belches really loud or something. And what I meant by the television show was not that she doesnt invite me to watch it with her, it is that she knows I am not a fan of the show and she plays it all the time without asking me if I would like to watch something else. I dont say anything to her though! She will never know how I feel unless I tell her... I wrote this post in the midst of my annoyance, I can see how it came off pretty rude but I don't ever fight with her, ever! And I am trying to keep the peace!

Uh, I would feel free to tell her to knock it the eff off if she is sitting there belching. That's just exceptionally nasty.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    "Hey roommate, your show sucks. Let's watch Gossip Girl." Don't make someone else responsible for your happiness.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"