C-sections
Options

3 C-sections

Hi I am new to the bump so not really sure how this works but....I have had two previous C-sections and am now pregnant with #3.  I am very worried any advice?

Re: 3 C-sections

• Options

as long as your dr. isn't worried, I wouldn't be worried :)  there are many on this board that have had multiple sections and it is fine.  My mom had four plus two other surgeries and everyone is fine.  I am not saying it doesn't go without any risk, but I really wouldn't worry and I hope someone that has had multiple sections chimes in and makes you feel a little better :)

I plan on having a third in a few years! :) 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    My dr keeps telling me "it's just the same as the first two" LOL  When are you due? 
    Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you worried about having a 3rd c-section? That baby has to come out one of 2 ways RCS or V2BAC. There is no going back now.  Plenty of women have 3 or more c-sections.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I just talked to my OB and she was telling me she did a womans 6th and she was fine. She believes that old school OBs who just sew you up and let you be on your way and dont separate every layer and sew multiple stitches have issues with tearing and what not so that helped me through a few of my worries as well
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm scheduled for my third c-section December 18th.  My OB said we'd talk when it got to my fourth or fifth section and I laughed.  There will be no number four or five.  She said after my second I had very little scar tissue and everything looked good, so no reason to be any more concerned with a third.

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

• Options
    I will be having my 3rd in May.  I was nervous at first, but after talking to my OB I'm not worried at all.  She basically said what the other poster's dr said "it's the same as the first two."  And that she just a 5th one on one of her patients.  I now it depends on the person, but if you OB didn't indicate you shouldn't have a 3rd I wouldn't worry.  Good luck and congrats!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I know for me my third one hurt a lot after i had my third. It took me a little bit long to get heal up and not in so much pain. But if your 1st and 2nd didt really hurt that bad i say u will be ok. I am on my 4th child and this is my 4th C-section kinda scare of how this one might turn out if i was in pain with my last so i am hoping it will go good. When r u due?

• Options
    I'm scheduled to deliver my twins on the 14th - this'll be my 4th!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had 4 and haven't had any issues. In fact, my 4th was my easiest as far as surgery and recovery.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I have had three. All the same doctor. My scar looks great. He cuts in the same place each time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB said 3 is totally fine and she doesn't get worried until 4 or 5 c-sections

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Did your OB give you reason to be worried?  If no, then NOPE, I wouldn't be worried.  I just had my 3rd c/s in a little over 3 years and had zero issues.  My OB even said if I really wanted to have another baby, she would be ok w/ it.  Everyone is different.  I would discuss your concerns w/ your doc.

ETA:  I had no issues w/ the surgeries.  If you see my siggy, I lost a baby that resulted in my first c/section but my loss didn't have anything to do w/ the c/section. 

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"