June 2012 Moms

Who is not STTN?

I read a lot of posts about their LO sleeping through the night. We have yet to experience this. We've been lucky that DS sleeps a big chuck of hours but still not sleeping through. Lately it's been bad because of rolling and teething. But I feel like I don't even know what it's like to sleep through the night. I'm not the only one right?

Re: Who is not STTN?

• I get the odd night of 10 or 11 hours straight through, but most nights he wakes after 8 hours and then goes down for another 2 or 3. I consider it STTN, although for me it isn't because he gets up around 3am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've never experience STTN as well :( DS is down  to 2 feedings a night, but he still fusses in between feedings sometimes. I wish we could wean him off the feedings, but we're just waiting for the time that he doesn't ask for them anymore. It doesn't feel like he's ready to wean yet.

*Sigh*  We're just taking it one night at a time. A straight good night's sleep is a thing of the past for us.

• Loading the player...
  • DS used to STTN. Then around 3.5 months, he hit the 4 month wakeful. He has STTN only once since then. He is 5.5 months now. Some nights are better than others. Last night I got up 7 times between midnight and 3:30 AM. (Bad night.) He usually doesn't eat until about 5:30 AM, so all those late night wakings are just for company or a paci replacement, I guess. He can get himself back to sleep but lately has been crying until I go to him. I have tried letting him fuss a little bit to see if he will go back to sleep, but it aggravates DH b/c it wakes him up. He sniped at me last night about it, so I guess we won't be sleep training any time soon. I am so tired. My FB friends tell me a restful night's sleep is a thing of the past, and it just makes me sick inside. But I love my little peanut more than ever, so I guess we'll make it somehow.

• Ha ha ha...oh no, you are definitely not the only one. Those posts just tick me off, lol :) DS was sleeping 4-6 hours, waking to feed, and then sleeping another 4-6 hours depending. But that's all gone now. The last 2 weeks he's waking up every 2-3 hours. Sometimes to eat, sometimes just for me to put a paci in his mouth. But I haven't slept longer than 3 hours at a time in awhile now...and I'm exhausted. He did get his first tooth last night so I'm hoping maybe it was a teething thing...but I don't know. Hang in there...you're not alone :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • LO has slept through the night maybe three or four times. He still mostly wakes up anywhere from 1-2 times a night, but I'm so used it to it- it doesn't bother me. I just nurse him back to sleep. You're definitely not the only one.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD2 is stil waking about every 2 hours or less to eat.  Every once in a while we'll get a 3 hour stretch, but that's pretty rare.  We're trying to work on weaning her from some of the night feedings and doing some sleep training this week, but it hasn't been going very well.  This whole sleep depravation thing has been a real challenge for us because DD1 was a great sleeper, so this isn't what we expected.  But, we're taking it one night at a time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • He used to, but hasn't for the last six to eight weeks. I guess maybe technically he is because he will often sleep from 730 until 2 or 3, but getting up three to six times after that is not sleeping through the night for me!

• DS2 gets up about 10-20 times a night during an 8-10 hour stretch.

DS1 STTN. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • A fantastic night is 1x waking up. An ok night is 2x. A bad night is 3 plus.

• imagethatoneredhead:
    A fantastic night is 1x waking up. An ok night is 2x. A bad night is 3 plus.nbsp;

This for us too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejamiah18:
    imagethatoneredhead:
    A fantastic night is 1x waking up. An ok night is 2x. A bad night is 3 plus.nbsp;

This for us too.

Same for us too.

My DS is so inconsistent with his sleeping. OP you are definitely not alone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My lo sleeps through the night if we let her sleep in bed with us. We are trying to get her in her crib and the longest stretch she will go is 1 hr (if we are lucky). She will go all night in the crib waking up every 30ish mins, get put back to sleep, and up again all night long!! It is awful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imageunaveragejane:
    DS used to STTN. Then around 3.5 months, he hit the 4 month wakeful.

this :(

Plus I think she is teething, because she had a couple of good nights after we started solids and now she is waking up a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • She's not even close to sleeping through the night. She gets up every four hours and does not ever sleep more than 8 hours at night. I'm drained!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel lucky and refreshed if LO gives me 4 consecutive hours a night. He usually gets up every 3 hours at night.
  • imagedrbethc:
    I feel lucky and refreshed if LO gives me 4 consecutive hours a night. He usually gets up every 3 hours at night.

This, although the four hour stretches are few these days :(  In total, we've had four nights of 6 hour stretches and three nights of 7 hours stretches. Most of the time she's up every 2 -3 hours. It's been worse this past week because she's been sick and can't breath through her nose, so she wakes herself up.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel you sometimes, I feel like mine is the only one that does not and I get looks when I tell people my LO does not. I'm lucky if I get a 5 hour stretch before feeding last night was great but I still had to get up to give her pacifier. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You're not alone. He's completely slept through the night (defined as, going to bed around 9 pm and waking up when we're ready to be up for the day) only twice total. Now, he's worse than he was at 2 months old, and slept for 6-8 hours a stretch (do I ever miss those days!). He currently wakes anywhere from 1-5 times a night, average probably being about 3. We tried a Ferber like technique one night a few weeks ago, and he cried for an hour straight before we gave up. We might try it again sometime soon. I am starting to think the night wakings are more wanting parental attention/not being able to fall asleep on his own rather than needing night feedings.
  • I am so so glad it's not just us. I've been stressing over it so much, I'm glad to know it seems pretty typical!

• imageforestdancer:
    I feel you sometimes, I feel like mine is the only one that does not and I get looks when I tell people my LO does not. I'm lucky if I get a 5 hour stretch before feeding last night was great but I still had to get up to give her pacifier. 

bah... you should give them looks. 

• DD has never slept for longer than 7-8 hours (and that's if we're lucky), but she goes to bed at 6-7, so her first wake up is somewhere around 1-2AM... Then there are at least 3 other wake ups closer together until she's up at 7AM... ::sigh:: I don't see an end in sight to this either.

We might try to sleep train in a month or so. 

• Def not alone :)
  • We used to STTN up until around September. Then we were waking up 3-4 times a night to nurse. We're down to 2-4 times a night now, except that for the past couple nights it has taken an hour or more to get him back asleep rather than the 10 minutes it did before. I think he's teething :(

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I am so glad to see this post. I have not slept longer than 3 hours in 6 months. And those 3 hours were glorious. I am up with DS 12 times on an average night. He usually eats every 1.5 to 2 hours and also startles easily. On a great night it will be only 6 times, a bad night upwards of 20. Waking every 20 minutes really makes a person grumpy. I have tried every type of sleep training possible. LOL told DH this morning I have unlocked the best military weapon yet. One night with DS and criminals would start spewing info for sure... Haha. Definitely a special kind of torture.
  • Longest stretch we've EVER gotten is 6 hours and it was from 7-1.  Usually it's 2-4 hours though she usually goes back to sleep easily after nursing.  But we're all sick with colds right now so she's been up every 1-2 hours :(
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could seriously cry from reading this (happy tears) I feel so much better knowing we aren't alone. DS was sleeping from7-4 and then going back down to 6:30. Now he has been getting up a ton (lost count) and waking earlier. I feel like a zombie
  • imagekhill86:
    I get the odd night of 10 or 11 hours straight through, but most nights he wakes after 8 hours and then goes down for another 2 or 3. I consider it STTN, although for me it isn't because he gets up around 3am.

this is us exactly

• imagekhill86:
    I get the odd night of 10 or 11 hours straight through, but most nights he wakes after 8 hours and then goes down for another 2 or 3. I consider it STTN, although for me it isn't because he gets up around 3am.

this exactly

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"