August 2013 Moms
Options

When to share...

When/how is everyone sharing the news?!? This is number 2, so were trying to think of something unique involving dd!

Re: When to share...

• Options

There's a post about this a little lower :)

We'll be telling after the first tri is over, and we have a "big sister" t shirt for DD :) Family we will just tell, but for FB I think I'll stage a cute pic :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We're going to tell on Christmas, I think.

We'll probably tell H's family by putting a Big Brother shirt on our dog and letting them figure it out. Not sure how we'll tell my family though. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We will be telling my Immediete family (Mom, Dad, Sister and Grandmother) when we go home for New Years.  Since I won't be too far along, I don't really want to tell the whole extended family then for fear of MC. 

DH and I have a plan to tell family, but we premeditated that.  And DH still doesn't know I got that faint BFP b/c 1) I want the line to be darker, and 2) I really want to make it special.  It is so hard not to go running out to the living room and tell him right now...I may break down before the end of the night...

• Options
    We are sharing at Christmas when I am just shy of 8 weeks and only to close family. Anyone I would share a miscarriage with basically if it happened. We are going to have our 1 year old DD wear a big sister shirt. The fun part is that people will be coming over at different times so it'll be a new surprise every few hours.
  • Options
    I found a great idea on Pinterest that we are doing for Christmas. You get all the family together to take a picture and on the count of three, DH and I will say "We're Pregnant!" and take a few pictures of everyone's reactions. I'm so excited because this is our first baby and it will be the first grandchild in the family.
  • Options
    I'm going to wear a shirt Christmas that has a gingerbread cookie on it and says "Cookie in the Oven Due in August" and see who figures it out first.
  • Options
    We'll share with family either on Christmas or New Year's Eve, which is my son's birthday. I still haven't figured out how, yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Right now only DH and my sister know.  I'll probably share with close family at around 8 wks and with friends after that.  With my first pregnancy I told everyone before the stick dried and it sucked to have to untell - especially because my mother took the loss worse than me.  
  • Options

Unfortunately my first u/s is not until after Christmas, which we are hosting and would be perfect to tell.  I'm thinking of getting into my PCP the week before and seeing if they can at least check blood hormone levels to give us an idea of how things are going so we can still announce to immediate family.

Everyone else will probably hear after 12 weeks... unless someone blabs earlier Zip it!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSlmtank04:
    I found a great idea on Pinterest that we are doing for Christmas. You get all the family together to take a picture and on the count of three, DH and I will say "We're Pregnant!" and take a few pictures of everyone's reactions. I'm so excited because this is our first baby and it will be the first grandchild in the family.

We did this with #1.  It was funny because MH said the "we're pregnant" part and no one believed him.  He's too much of a smart ass all the time.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's funny! We are anticipating how everyone will react or if they will believe us too! Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"