September 2011 Moms
Options

DS now hates bathtime

Anyone else going through this?

My little fish of a boy now despises bathtime! It used to be his favorite time of the day and he could stay in the tub until the water was cold and his little toes were pruned.

Now when I try to put him in the tub, he will only stand. When I pick him up to get him to sit, he starts to cry. More like wailing. He hasn't had any traumatizing incidents in the tub to make him scared... I can't figure out what's going on.

Sometimes he'll shower with DH or I... which he loves. Maybe he just prefers showers... but it seems strange that he won't do bathtime anymore. (Last night I actually got in the tub with him... and he had to sit on my lap the entire time!) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DS now hates bathtime

• Options

I'd continue a shower if that's what he likes, he's still getting clean.

Have you tried bubbles?  They are J's new favorites.  New toys?  J likes bouncy balls in the tub now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Holy crap I could have written this word for word. Started a couple weeks ago maybe a month? Only stands, screams and or cries. Breaks my heart because bath time use to be SO FUN. it seems to be his hair being washed and water in his eyes that is the worst part of all. So at times I skip shampoo in his hair and just get it wet with a wash cloth. Last night was a slight improvement and I got him to sit
    finally.

I hope this phase passes soon. I miss fun baths!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  :(  We're in the same situation!  It's been going on for months.  Bubbles do seem to help most of the time....but that's the only thing I've found so far!  Hair rinsing is the most traumatic part, and L has such thick hair that there's no skimping on that.

• Options
    We've had two bath-hating phases. They each started for no discernible reason whatsoever and lasted a week or two. Hang in there! 
  • Options

Glad to know DS isn't the only one -- it just seems so random for him!

I'm definitely going to try bubbles -- maybe I'll get some of those bathtub paints/crayons to make it more intriguing for him.

Otherwise I guess he'll just stick with showering....gah.... he's trying to grow up to fast on me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"