Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

formula question

2»

Re: formula question

• Options

imagelexiheartschris:
    I suppose you all are experts since you have a baby. Newsflash just having a kid doesn't mean you know all! My mil has raised 5 kids and grandkids and none of them have had any issues due to this sleep remedy.

In your first three sentences right there you contradicted the hell out of yourself. Just because MIL had 5 kids (and subsequent grandkids) doesn't mean she knows all!

Flour and cornstarch may thicken the formula in your child's bottle but it does nothing to make it more filling or nutritious for her. If anything, rice cereal, and on the rare case (ie severe reflux) oatmeal baby cereal help suck up excess acids in baby's stomach, but even pediatricians will advise you to try other avenues first. 

You realize your baby's stomach is roughly the size of her fist? At 4 weeks, she's SUPPOSED to wake up to eat. The best way to prevent her waking people up through the night is for you to start paying attention to the times she's typically awake to eat and start sticking to a schedule. If you can be up with a bottle prepped before bed that you only need to warm, there's minimal disturbance.

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

imagelexiheartschris:
    Even I was questioning the flour because of its thickness. That is why I asked about cornstarch or other alternatives! Like I said I'm done with this so you all can stop commenting on the post. Here and now I expect this to be the last comment on this thread so good day all!!!!

You're just stupid. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelexiheartschris:
    Its not my needs everyone in the house is distrupted, my mil did the same with dh and he is fine btw. I see my question is not going to be answered. This is like talking to a brick wall, this conversation is over, thanks.
    This better be MUD.
  • Options

i am going to TRY to be helpful here.

you sound young and may not know any better.  My in-laws give me bad advice all the time.  They said that babies should sleep on their stomachs, they should have a blanket on them, they should get rice cereal at about 2 months, etc.  The point is:  A LOT HAS CHANGED SINCE THEY RAISED KIDS AND NOW WE KNOW BETTER.   sure, parents did those kind of things back then but now everyone knows that those things are NOT safe.  why would you want to do something unsafe for your baby just because your in-laws are losing sleep?  if you mess up your babies stomach, believe me, you are going to have way worse problems on your hands than just a little crying.

if this is MUD, you are pathetic and find a new hobby.

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    You are being incredibly selfish and are extremely ignorant. For the sake of your child please educate yourself on baby nutrition and baby sleep patterns while you are at it. And yes, as parents we need to make judgment calls regarding what is best for our families but these are based on INFORMED decisions. Filling your baby's formula with crap is not what is best for your daughter. I truly feel so sorry for your baby. I have a feeling if you are doing this, you are making some other extremely poor parenting decisions as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This just makes so much sense! I never knew that I had to starve my baby in order to get a full nights sleep. Thank you for the lovely information!

Said no one ever.

Seriously, your starving your child. Stop being a selfish twat and make the formula the way it was made. Also, when your child doesn't crap for 10 days and hurts itself trying to dump.... totally your fault. Just stop. What your MIL did years ago wasn't smart either. I'm shocked her kids don't have digestive issues. The end.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagelexiheartschris:
    I suppose you all are experts since you have a baby. Newsflash just having a kid doesn't mean you know all! My mil has raised 5 kids and grandkids and none of them have had any issues due to this sleep remedy. If you all don't agree that is fine, don't do it with YOUR kid. If my daughter slept like a normal person I wouldn't have tried this but her waking constantly disturbs everyone, my ils have to get up early so something had to be done. Also for you all to be parents the name calling is plain absurd. Parenting is about doing what is best for your family, not judging others.

oh good lord! you are...drum roll...DUMB! you have a BABY, grow up. babies don't "sleep like normal people" DH and I both have to be up early, but that doesn't mean I'm going to mix random baking ingredients into my breastmilk so my LO will sleep "normal"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bentley 9.26.12
  • Options
    News flash babies are supposed to cry and wake for feedings especially at 4 weeks, it doesn't take an expert or a parent to know that. Would you want flour mixed in with your milk? Probably not. It's ridiculous to feed a 4 weeks old baby flour. Ask any mother how often her newborn wakes at night, my 5 week old gets up every hour sometimes, name of the game. You should be ashamed.
  • Options
    instead of adding crap to the formula to reduce the disruption for everyone else in the house, how about you invest in some earplugs for your ILs to wear at night?  jeezus
  • Options

I skipped the middle page, but I can only assume from the third that the OP really was serious?   

Jesus crimefighting Christ... 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    imageGeekchick921:

I skipped the middle page, but I can only assume from the third that the OP really was serious?   

oh, you missed some real gems geekers. her baby is DISRUPTING the household. her 4 week old isn't "sleeping like a normal person." her MIL says it's fine!!! she just needs that 4 week old to sttn b/c she's waking everyone up!!!! it's hilarious. girl is a complete and utter idiot.

OP, since flour and cornstarch make gravy to answer your original question why don't you try just feeding your kid w/a ladle. then again your 4 week old isn't normal yet, so she might not be able to take it that way. pfft. next time you should really trying getting one of those magical sleeping babies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MUD.
    image Josephine is 4.
  • Options
    imagecarolinag:
    imageGeekchick921:

oh, you missed some real gems geekers. her baby is DISRUPTING the household. her 4 week old isn't "sleeping like a normal person." her MIL says it's fine!!! she just needs that 4 week old to sttn b/c she's waking everyone up!!!! it's hilarious. girl is a complete and utter idiot.

OP, since flour and cornstarch make gravy to answer your original question why don't you try just feeding your kid w/a ladle. then again your 4 week old isn't normal yet, so she might not be able to take it that way. pfft. next time you should really trying getting one of those magical sleeping babies. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    GO ON WIC if you cant afford formula. You're a horrible person.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelexiheartschris:

imagekristyandruss:
    How old is your LO exactly? I'm pretty sure you can only "thicken feeds" for the purpose of decreasing reflux symptoms with rice cereal. But I'm not sure what age you can start adding that. It's not to make the can last longer though... Call your pediatrician in the morning and ask this question. I'm confidant he or she will be very clear about what you can and can not do in terms of feeding options.

She is 4 weeks old. She doesn't need a gastric bypass!!

I hope some one calls Child services on you if this isnt MUD again YOU are a HORRIBLE person.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelexiheartschris:
    Its not my needs everyone in the house is distrupted, my mil did the same with dh and he is fine btw. I see my question is not going to be answered. This is like talking to a brick wall, this conversation is over, thanks.

The answer to your question is nothing, including flour.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechapski:
    You're doing it wrong. You're suppose to add cereal. Ya know, throw some lucky charms in that shiit.

Hmm the sugar will keep her up, thereby defeating the purpose. I vote for Tylenol PM,  it would be easier to get through the nipple. 

Seriously OP I hope this is mud. If it isn't you should have your breathing privileges revoked.  

chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Holy eff. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"