Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Runny nose all winter?

DS has had a runny nose for what seems like a month.  It's been clear, he feels fine, and it only caused some coughing for about a week of that time.  I think maybe it's partially from teething.  We've ran the humidifier, used vicks, and snot sucked daily.  

Is this a toddler thing?  Can I just expect a runny nose for all of winter?  

Re: Runny nose all winter?

• Options
    I should add, I asked the Pedi about it at his 15 month check up and she said if it was clear, no fever, and no wheezing/breathing issues that it's a simple cold and DS will take care of it on his own BUT she didn't mention anything about if it lasted for weeks.
  • Options
    Sounds like a cold to me. Unless he was outside playing in the cold and then has a runny nose. I dont think he would just have a runny nose if he wasnt sick. Take him back to dr maybe? Could be teething, but that never happened to us
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, you can pretty much expect that all winter long. I have a 1 year old and she always has a runny nose. Same with the 3 year olds I teach. Just one of those inevitable things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds like me, but I have bad sinuses structurally.  DD had a runny nose for a while and it led to an ear infection so watch for tugging on the ear and extreme irritability.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"