Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

6 month old will not sleep in her crib! Help!

My daughter is about 6 1/2 months old. She has always been a good sleeper in her crib and bassinet. About a month ago, she started wanting to sleep in bed with my husband and I. Now it is to the point that she is in our bed every night because she wakes up as soon as we put her down. She will be sound asleep and snoring but as soon as we put her in the crib she is wide awake. We are in an apartment, so we cannot use the CIO method. Anyone else experience this and have any suggestions?????

Re: 6 month old will not sleep in her crib! Help!

• Options

DD1 did this when she turned 6 months old; I think it's seperation anxiety. I have no advice, as she slept with us until I could sleep train her at 10.5 months. Even after that she would cry for us to bring in her our bed at 3-4am. It wasn't until she was about 18months that she finally slept the entire night in her crib.

• Options
    We have been going through the same thing for the past 2 months and it started around the 6 month mark (DD is 8 months old now).  We haven't really tried any sleep training either.  And it's to the point now where she only sleeps in her crib for about 2 hours max every night.  The rest of the time she's in our bed.  It used to be that she would sleep 6 hours straight and then I would bring her into bed to nurse her for her MOTN feeding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS has been sleeping with DH and i for about 2 mths now.... we dont mind it bc we love waking up to him but eventually when I dont have to nurse him at night I will try to put him in his own bed. But for right now it's just better for all of us to co sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"