Two Under 2
Options

Guilt.

Hi everyone,

I have been a lurker until now. DS1 is 23 months today. DS2 showed up a month early on 11/21 and is now 8 days old.

DS1 is not handling things so well. His whole world has been turned upside down! He was with my parents for the 3 days we were in hospital and had the stomach flu so it was hard for him. We are trying to get him back in a routine at home.

He comes home from daycare and just seems unsettled. He is scared of the baby and doesn't want to get too close and doesn't want us touching him which of course is impossible. I think he is slowly adjusting, I just feel so bad for him because he can't verbalized how he is feeling. He is in daycare FT until the end of Dec and I was going to keep him 2 days a week after that.

Also, my SIL has offered to pay for DS to stay in daycare FT until June. I am in Canada and on mat leave for a year. I feel guilty sending DS there when I am going to be home with the baby but at the same time I feel like it may be best to keep his routine as long as possible. What do you all thjnk? Will he be happier at daycare vs. sitting at home with the baby and I?

I'm sorry for the rant but I didn't anticipate feeling this guilty about having a new baby:

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

Re: Guilt.

• Options
    I'm a SAHM so when new baby comes we will all be home together, but that is what DS is used to. My plan is to involve him as much as possible with all things baby so he feels included and helpful. I am not sure what would be best for your son, keeping him in daycare or having him at home a few days a week for extra time with you/baby. Personally I'd want him home but that's probably because I'm used to that! Maybe other daycare moms can offer you imput.

Either way, I am sure he will get used to the idea of new baby, it is a big change and maybe he just needs some time.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"