April 2011 Moms
Options

it's time!!!

to get rid of the soother!! omg - he wakes up a couple times a night and cries...we go in and his soother is literally 2 inches from his face and if we give it to him he just rolls over and goes back to sleep. 

when we're in the grocery store - he reaches for my purse and begs for it...

he knows he only gets it in bed or when he's REALLY cranky at the store - however, it's becoming an issue and i want it gone before baby comes!

any suggestions!?

we have a 4 day weekend coming up so we plan to just go cold turkey - we'll see!!! wish us luck!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: it's time!!!

• Options
    Ugh - we need to get rid of it too!!  I will be watching this post to see what others say.  I'm think Christmas is the perfect time (since we will be home).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options

We slowly weaned her off of it, and only gave it to her at nap times and at bed time.  Once she started napping without needing it, we gave it up at bed time too, and only gave it to her if she started getting mad.  It was an easy transition.

Since I'm under the impression you don't have much time, my brother-in-law told me that with their kids, they cut the nipple part of the pacifier, said "oops, it's broken," and then they didn't want them anymore.

Stephanie Hsu
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"