February 2012 Moms
Options

Foodie Moms

Anyone have any good recommendations of books or websites for toddler food? Or care to share any recipes? Eli has been fine just eating what we do, but now that food pretty much repulses me, I need some ideas of things to make Eli that are healthy and yummy. We do a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, but he needs something of substance in his meals. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed!
January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!

Re: Foodie Moms

• Options

I wouldn't call myself a foodie exactly but here are some quick ideas:

I buy the butternut squash cubed and roast it in the oven.  You can make it a little sweet with cinnamon and sugar or savory. 

Last night I cooked a spaghetti squash and DD loved it!  I used it in place of noodles in Pad Thai.  She ate as much as I would give her and she liked feeding it to herself.

I also buy a bag of frozen mixed berries.  I will heat up a handful in the microwave and then mix them in DD's oatmeal.

Do you use your crockpot much?  I know lots of women have issues with meat while pregnant and don't want to cook it.  But if you could throw a turkey breast or some pork chops in your crock pot in the morning, you'd have plenty of meat to serve along with his fruit and veggies.

DD also love shredded cheese, pancakes, scrambled eggs with sausage.  Breakfast foods are easy and pretty healthy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only site I have really found so far is https://weelicious.com/all-recipes/.  They have a ton of recipes that look pretty good and seem pretty easy.  We made a variation of the veggie pancakes they have on here the other day.  They were pretty tasty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"