December 2010 Moms
Options

Sick? or just sleepy?

So this weekend, LO slept in until 7:15. That's totally out of character....unless he's sick. So I was both delighted, but also nervous when he woke up that he'd have a fever. But nada. Same thing Sunday, Monday, (back to normal 6:15 Tue) and today. This evening, he said "blankie in crib" when we returned from daycare cause he was tired.

Daycare teachers asked how he's doing at home, because he's been more tired there, too, and more irritable than usual. I keep checking his temperature, but nothing.

Dr-worthy? Or should I just enjoy the later mornings?

He's also been gnawing on the blanket more, and tonight, got a time out for biting, and I heard him making kind-of whimpery noises while asleep. Just teething, maybe, and so getting less sleep?

Re: Sick? or just sleepy?

• Options
    I'd guess teething, too.  Tired, irritable, gnawing...sounds about right.  If there aren't any other obvious "sick" symptoms, ie no fever, cough, congestion, etc, I'd chalk it up to teething and not call the pedi. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The chewing makes me think teething. Evan seems to go through these sleepy phases before he has a growth spurt. He always seems to eat more too when that's happening. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemsualum96:
    I'd guess teething, too.  Tired, irritable, gnawing...sounds about right.  If there aren't any other obvious "sick" symptoms, ie no fever, cough, congestion, etc, I'd chalk it up to teething and not call the pedi. 

I would think this too.  If it goes on like this for another week or more then maybe check with the pedi? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe a combo teething/growth spurt thing, like pp mentioned. Ava always sleeps more during her spurts and the groaning and gnawing sound like his teeth are bothering him. Enjoy the later sleep! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

imageChicagoBroad26:
    Maybe a combo teething/growth spurt thing, like pp mentioned. Ava always sleeps more during her spurts and the groaning and gnawing sound like his teeth are bothering him. Enjoy the later sleep! 

All of this.  I would just lay back and enjoy some extra sleep... especially since its nearly the weekend!

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    imageEVM1216:

imageChicagoBroad26:

All of this.  I would just lay back and enjoy some extra sleep... especially since its nearly the weekend!

+2 

imageimage
  • Options
    Yep, what they said.  :)   J came home the other night went right to bed and slept 12 hours.  It freaked me out to say the least.  We know he is in the process of breaking 3 teeth and he's probably having another growth spurt so I'm figuring that's the culprit.  GL and enjoy the rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks all. I guess he's just teething & growing.

I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow. FX he'll stick to the 7 or 7:30 wake-up time. Unfortunately my husband has to leave for work by 7:30 on M & Th, so if I want to shower for work, I still have to get up before 6:30 to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"