Wipe warmer..

Love it or hate it?

Worth it or not?

TIA :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wipe warmer..

• Options
    Ad one with my first and never used it.. I'd skip it for sure
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love it! Use it every day at the changing station! Couldn't Iive without it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive found that with this question people either think it is completely unnecessary and a waste of time and money, or they absolutely love it and wouldn't change a diaper without it! Considering they are only approx $25 I decided to get one and find out for myself..I think about it and if I had the option to warm up the toilet seat before I sat on it I would..lol..Kinda the same thing..riiight?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Don't have one. Don't miss it.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Great for cloth wipes, a waste of money for disposable wipes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We registered for it with #1 and then changed our minds.  Unless they have battery-operated warmers that we can leave in the car we found the idea pointless.  Sooner or later their bum is going to have to feel that cold wipe so why not just get them accustomed to it from the get-go?
  • Options
    We are on Team Love Wipe Warmer! My friends got the Munchkin wipe warmer and it was crap but they liked our Prince Lionheart warmer so much that they bought one to replace their crappy one. We live in MN though so it gets really cold and drafty here so it's super nice to have things warmed up.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Options
    Love it!
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

imagedragon_chica:
    We registered for it with #1 and then changed our minds.  Unless they have battery-operated warmers that we can leave in the car we found the idea pointless.  Sooner or later their bum is going to have to feel that cold wipe so why not just get them accustomed to it from the get-go?

Yep.  You can also just hold it in the palm of your hand for a few seconds and get the same effect without running another appliance all the time.

this!!! and ive heard they dry out the wipes. also, we have a few places we use to change dd, so unless we have 3 warmers, it would be kinda pointless.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Live in MN....got one free, but never even opened it. In my opinion - totally unnecessary. I didn't want E to get used to that because at daycare (he goes to a center) they certainly weren't warming his wipes!
  • Options
    I'm sure that most people that have them love them, but seriously just spend your money on something you need. Your baby will get used to the cool wipe just like our butts are used to cold toilet seats. :-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I never got one because I didn't want DS to get used to a warm wipe and then freak out on the occasions when he had to have a cold one.  Sure, it sounds more pleasant for them to be warm, but I don't think it's worth it in the long run.
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

imagedragon_chica:

Yep.  You can also just hold it in the palm of your hand for a few seconds and get the same effect without running another appliance all the time.

This! 

• Options

imageMrsJetSet:
    Don't have one. Don't miss it.

This. Never had one. Never felt like I was being particularly cruel using 'cold' wipes on DS's bum.

That being said, I wouldn't turn away a gifted one, but I wouldn't register for it either.

• Options
    Had one and don't use it anymore. It would dry out the wipes. I figured why get him used to nice warm wipes and then have to carry extra stuff everywhere I go to make sure the wipe is always warm. He's been totally fine without it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. One of my friends has one and swears by it. However, she only uses it at night so that the cold ones don't completely wake her son up. I like the idea, not that I have any reason to buy one yet. lol
  • Options
    Love it. I use the Charmin wet wipes a lot and man do those things get cold...even when i'm anticipating it. Why do that to LO if I don't have to. She doesn't get warm wipes at daycare or out in public but she doesn't make a fuss about it. I just think cold, wet wipes are a bit shocking!

We use a Prince Lionheart one. One that is for cloth wipes so there is no lid to pull the wipes through but they keep them at a great temperature and never dry out at the bottom! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagedragon_chica:

Agreed.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options

I don't know about you women but at 4am feeding and they just fell asleep and you lay them back down and hear that juicy fart and you know they just pooped again the wipe warmer saves your life! 

My kids never woke up when they needed a change and were already asleep. It was wonderful. Yes they outgrow it but those newborn days you are so sleep deprived I dreaded a baby waking up right after you just got them to sleep and now they are screaming from being naked (again) and a cold wipe touching them.  

• Options
    imageetude de la vie:

I don't know about you women but at 4am feeding and they just fell asleep and you lay them back down and hear that juicy fart and you know they just pooped again the wipe warmer saves your life! 

My kids never woke up when they needed a change and were already asleep. It was wonderful. Yes they outgrow it but those newborn days you are so sleep deprived I dreaded a baby waking up right after you just got them to sleep and now they are screaming from being naked (again) and a cold wipe touching them.  

Meh.  I went through 2 kids using those oh-so-cruel cooooold wipes at any time of the day and night and it didn't mess with their sleep. 

We use Costco's Kirkland brand and have not found them to be unusually cold.  Maybe certain brands make them colder than others and that's why some feel the need for a warmer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"