Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Nap/Sleep problems

My LO (1 month old) is not wanting to nap anymore and last night woke up at 1 am and never went back to sleep.  When she does take a nap, it lasts about 20 minutes and then wakes up screaming.  Last night was terrible.  She slept for about 4 hours and then woke up at 1 am for a feeding and after that, would not setle down.  I rocked, sang, swaddled, kissed goodnight and she layed there for hours grunting and wiggling around.  It got to the point that I started crying because I needed to get some sleep and my DH was dead asleep, oblivious to it all.

Is it too late/early to start sleep training?  I have to go back to work in 2.5 weeks and my mother, who is my daycare, told me to get her on some kind of schedule or she will.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: Nap/Sleep problems

• Options
    Oh dear goodness no! to sleep training. You shouldn't do that any time before 4 months and I don't believe in it before 6 months. Though if you want to try no cry sleep solutions it couldn't hurt. But many babies don't or can't settle into a routine until a few months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Gas issues? Anyway, try doing the same thing everyday for naps. White noise, a swing? Pacifier? Swaddle? Or all of them combined. A good practice is to feed baby, give them some awake time and then when they fuss again it's time for rest. It's called the EASY method (eat, awake, sleep and you time). Then at night time have a routine you do each night. It can be bath, books, songs, eat, bed. Or whatever you want, just do the same thing each night. Make sure she is napping on an incline, she might have some reflux that is bothering her. Try a swing or a rock 'n play to sleep in. GL!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually have been doing all of this. She has reflux and is also very gassy and we do sleep on an incline. She hasbeen deeling with major constipation so I am thinking its been that. Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Options
    Could be the 6 week growth spurt?  My LO went througha phase where she was super sleepy then the total oppostite.  Lasted a few days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When my son was constipated I did the thermometer trick and I swear by it! It's helped him relieve his constipation on more than one occasion.  Just lube the tip of a rectal thermometer with Vaseline, insert the tip, and gently move the tip around in the butt hole for a few seconds.  That helps them to release those anal sphincter muscles which will make them poop :) make sure you have a diaper close by though because my son gets a pretty quick response lol! And about sleeping...my son didn't start sleeping good (and by good I mean he'll sleep from about 9 to 2:30-3 almost every night) til he was about 2 months old. I use the Swaddleme blankets and they have helped tremendously.  He used to take little cat naps like yours is doing, too.... Then I started Swaddleme blankets and putting him to nap in a swing and turned a radio on static and it's nothing for him to sleep at least 2 hours at nap time.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"