June 2012 Moms
Options

No poop for 5 days !

DS hasn't pooped for last 5 days and i am getting super worried ! 

He is otherwise very happy baby, and is showing no signs of discomfort..

He is 5.5 months now and is getting purees 2 times a day...fruits purees / veggie purees...Otherwise breast milk 

I dont want to try any medicine, hence at home i gave him some pureed pear to help and put some olive oil down there to get things moving...but it didnt help much..

should i be worried about this or let the boy poop when he wants to ! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: No poop for 5 days !

• Options
    It's common for bf babies not to poop regularly. As long as he's not uncomfortable, it is ok. DS was constipated so I gave him some prune juice mixed with water and things started flowing. Maybe introduce prunes now?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is EBF, and regardless of solids she also sometimes doesn't poop for days. It's normal for BF babies because there is so little waste in the milk (and since they don't eat that much solid food at this age, they still need to eat a bunch before there's enough to poop out). Sometimes she poops when I give her a probiotic - you could always try that! But if LO doesn't seem like he's uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry too much :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO was like this recently, too.  I wasnt worried except she was grunting and making her "I'm pooping" face and when I'd check her diaper there would be little skidders in there.  I called the pedi and she suggested  prunes.  Seriously, within 20 minutes she pooped!! Apparently, I was giving LO too much fibers (avacados, sweetpotatoes) and not enough fruit.  HTH!    Try pureed prunes, LO LOVES them, too!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank You all : ) DS Pooped yesterday but I will keep prunes / more fruit in mind for future
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"