Preemies
Options

Coping with Anxiety

I'm starting to get anxious over essentially being stuck inside for the winter. I know it's for my LO's health, but sometimes I just wish I was able to go out on the weekends with my husband and LO. I don't get to go out much during the week and on the weekends it's usually by myself. Leaving him with my mom/MIL makes me anxious too. We do sometimes go out, but the further into winter we get, the more guilty I feel taking him out at all (even though he's doing great and the pedi has "approved" the occasional cautious outing - you know, mid-week, non-crowded type places).

Today was extra bad because DH was supposed to leave on a business trip - the last time I dropped him off at the train station was 6 months ago and the next day our LO arrived. So there's some flashback anxiety on top of the usual.

Those of you who've done an RSV season, what are your tricks for not going stir-crazy?  Also, if the anxiety continues past my DH's return (trip has been postponed to next week) I will be calling my OB about possible PPD. But I'd also like to hear your survival tips please.

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Coping with Anxiety

• Options

I feel you. We are getting ready to embark on a month long stay at my in-laws for the holidays. This would be fine--if they didn't keep bringing up parties, having people over and church outings.

My DH and I have already discussed the fact that we are  NOT under ANY circumstances exposing our LO to any unnecessary germs/possible risks. I don't know if I am being over protective since I do go to the store (leaving LO covered at all times in carrier) but still--I worry about overstimulation and other things. 

At one point I told my DH that I was considering us just staying home (not really an option) but I'm so apprehensive I can't seem to think I'm going to enjoy the Holidays. :( 

My OB thought I was just being normal (not really PPD yet he said) but I have a history of anxiety/Depression and if i wasn't exclusively BF'ing I would totally be on my meds--like YESTERDAY!

Hang in there--I spend my days taking care of LO & cleaning, walking my dogs and watching TV on Netflix or Amazon (so far I'm hooked on shows I had never seen-- Party of Five, Gossip Girl and Brothers and Sisters).

imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • Options

I don't know what advice to tell you, but I can sympathize. I am feeling anxious because I went from a high-risk pregnancy where I was on bedrest and could not go out....to having a preemie and not wanting to take him out during the winter. I definitely am feeling cabin feverish. I have only taken DS out to his doctor appointments and that's all I plan on taking him out. I myself get to go out and run errands on the weekends when my husband is home and can take care of DS. Occasionally, I get to go out with my husband when my mom is over and can look after DS...but I'm not exactly comfortable with her looking after him. Any spare time that I get during the day (like when DS is napping), I watch tv series on netflix. Hoping that passes the time until the spring. 

I have a history of anxiety/depression, so I'm watching myself closely for signs of PPD. I think I'm more anxious/down right now than a "normal" person would be, but not enough to make me want to take meds when I"m BF'ing.

Good luck! Hope you and the rest of us can get through the winter months! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"