Parenting after a Loss

Raging 'Roids (XP from Babies 0-3)

I need some serious help!  I gave birth 5 weeks ago.  I have some major hemorrhoids.  They are very painful - it hurts to walk, sit and they hurt when I'm not even moving.  I use a cortisone cream and Tucks pads.  Nothing helps!  How do you get rid of them and how long do they last?  I don't know what else to do - I am thinking of calling my OB.

Thanks ladies - sorry if this is TMI - it's not exactly a hot topic to ask your friends about. LOL =) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
M/C Nov 9, 2011 at 11 weeks.... We love you & miss you Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Raging 'Roids (XP from Babies 0-3)

• I have been using tucks and prep h and they seem to be slowly going away. I'd probably call your Dr if they are not going away or improving after 5 weeks. Hope you get aome relief soon!

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • If the cream and Tuck's aren't relieving any pain definitely call your doctor.  Mine took anywhere from 8-10 weeks to really improve and then go away all together, but the cream and especially the Tuck's helped with any major pain the first few weeks. I have heard that some hemi's have to be surgically removed?  These things SUCK!  Hope you find some relief!

Also, TMI, but are you wiping with toilet paper?  Someone recommended the gentle wipes (flushable ones).  Toilet paper will only irritate the area. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • For sure call you OB.  I waited until my 6w check-up to ask and suffered for that long.  They were horrible and I almost passed out from the pain every time I had a BM.  For sure use stool softeners and ask your OB for an Rx for suppositories.  If it is incredibly painful and the thought of putting something up there makes you cringe, you can get the Rx cream as well and use that for a couple days and then when it feels a little better start using the suppositories.  It makes it so much better so fast!  Once I started using the Rx stuff, they were "gone" in less than a week and a million times better after a day.  They never really go away without surgery, but mine stayed away.  Well, until now--I'm KU and constipated thanks to Zofran, so they are coming back a little.  But nothing like after delivery.

• If they're not improving by now I would definitely call your doc. Mine were gone with no treatment by about 3w PP. There's no need to suffer in silence. 
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"