TTC after 35
Options

Update (long)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted in awhile.  Things have been tough over the last month and also a back and forth on what to do next so I've been a little quiet.  I've been lurking and seeing some exciting news for many which is great!

We have been TTC since January, saw our RE in August, ran tests, had the HSG and got our BFP in September.  Sadly we had a miscarriage at a little over 6 weeks.  We just suffered a chemical pregnancy over Thanksgiving which was such a blow.  It was the first cycle after our miscarriage.  

Regrouped with my RE on the phone yesterday.  The hypothesis is that it's egg quality issues. My progesterone was low in both pregnancies. There is a small chance that it is related to the uterus/implantation issues but doubtful.  He says small because I've had like 5 ultrasounds over the last few months; lining looks good, no fibroids, cysts and did the HSG. 

To rule it out entirely, we planned to do a hysteroscopy next Friday (TTA this month) and then next month do clomid/IUI. I realized last night that I would be starting that Clomid/IUI cycle during Christmas (literally) and would be in Michigan (I live in NYC).  That would mean I couldn't do the cycle since I couldn't be monitored. Given that that would set us back three months (if we did hyster, tried on own, then clomid), we decided last night that we would like to do Clomid/IUI this month and if it doesn't work, do the hysteroscopy next month.

Today's CD3 so I went in for monitoring this morning and I'm starting 100 mg on Clomid tonight. I'm exhausted, sad, hopeful and nervous.  My RE is amazing but an over the top braniac who speaks very fast so sometimes I get overwhelmed but know I'm in good hands. I am SO not looking forward to hot flashes :) and praying I'm spared!  Any words of wisdom are welcome!

Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!

Re: Update (long)

• Options

Wow a CP right after a MC - that's too rough.  So sorry you have had such a rough time lately.  Sounds like you are in good hands though and have a good game plan.  Lots & lots of hugs!

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, hoping this month goes well for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is a lot of ups and downs to have so close together. I hope that this month will be the answer and then any symptoms will be worth it.
    Anniversary
  • Options

It's totally normal to feel all these emotions. You've been through a lot, but you have so many reasons to be hopeful. Here's hoping you get the best Christmas present.

• Options
    I'm sorry about your loss. GL to you on your next cycle and we are here for you :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Ooh sweetie! So much so sorry! I don't know what a chemical pregnancy is?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm hanging in and I really appreciate everyone's kind words.

Heather, I got a positive pregnancy home and beta for 6 days but then it never progressed and my levels began to drop.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses and hoping this cycle goes really well for you and you get a great surprise!

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, the same thing happened to me.  I had a miscarriage in July avoided for one month, started trying again had a chemical pregnancy in October.  Hope everything goes well for you and again sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"