Success after IF
Options

**~**TTC Again Check In**~**

Hello Ladies! This check-in is open to anyone that is part of the SAIF community and is currently TTC again, either on their own, or via injectibles, IUI, IVF, adoption, etc.

TTC again, even after successfully bringing home a LO (or multiple LOs) is a stressful process for all of us, and this group is meant to allow us the opportunity to provide support and suggestions to one another, and to receive the same in return.

A check-in will be posted every Wednesday. Please send me a PM or reply to the check-in post if you would like to be added to the group. The more the merrier! Let's get this board going again.

Each check-in will provide the opportunity for you to provide an update as to where you currently are in your TTC journey following SAIF and a response to the QOTW.

QOTW: How has IF changed you?

TTC

L&R70707 ? currently stimming for FET

PappsMcGee ? planning to go back to seek treatments when ready (FX for a surprise for you in the mean time!)

Efhoping2010 ? ((HUGS)) I am so sorry to hear the outcome of your last cycle. I hope your RE was able to provide some answers for you and wish you all the best of luck in the future with whatever you decide.

Mrs. Mo ? currently TTC on own

E74 ? fresh donor egg IVF cycle in January!

KKDRAGONFLY ? in 2WW after IUI ? good luck!

Yadasmistress ? currently TTC on own, possible upcoming FET

Cwhitaker27 ? currently TTC on own during break cycle from treatments

SweetPy17 ? IVF in the near future!

Wiscgirl95 ? considering another IUI

RoseHQ12 ? currently TTC on own, possible IUI next year (fingers crossed for a BFP for you before then!!)

Diego299 ? plans for IVF in the new year

CAL416 ? pending SA, b/w and SHG prior to IUI w/Clomid

Nawlinsgrl ? currently stimming for IVF

Sarabrn ? currently on Lupron, added Vivelle dots - FET 12/14!

Chattycath ? in the 2ww after IUI ? good luck!

CHI-06 ?preparing for FET

Steveandkim2 ? possibly cycling again in the Spring ? enjoying life with LO for now!

Cbubbles2 ? currently TTC on own

Cuase1 ? currently TTC via IUI

BabyKsMommy ? IUI  in January, DH on Clomid

OooCarrieB ? preparing for FET in January

BFPs!

Kbeach82 ? EDD 5/31/13, Twins

jesselayne8 ? EDD 5/27/13

Southbride ? EDD 5/8/13

Bearfootz ? Congrats!

Austenreader85 ? EDD 6/5/13

Prazenjc ? Congrats! EDD 6/9/13

Dragonfly1226 ? Congrats, Twins!

Sarafuss ? Congrats!

Melymel80 ? Congrats!

queenbone ? Congrats! EDD 7/12/13

Alie05 ? Congrats!

Txwife9 ? Congrats!

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

Re: **~**TTC Again Check In**~**

• Options

Update - We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday and got to see the baby! He/she measured right on track at 5w6d. We go back on Friday for another ultrasound. I will go for ultrasounds twice a week until we see the hb. EDD is 7/24/13!

QOTW - I feel like I don't take as much for granted anymore. It's not that I think I did before, but I just feel like I appreciate the little things so much more. I also feel that I am more cynical and judgemental toward people who nonchalantly throw around pregnancy, fertility, etc. I know it's not a good thing but it is what it is.

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• Options

No real updates for me, everything is still moving toward December 14th.

QOTW: IF has changed a lot for me, and I know everyone here. It has taken a real toll on my marriage- the stress, the hormones, the fact that sex became a job, etc. The great part is that we got Chloe, and will hopefully have a brother or sister for her soon.

imageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Update:  I was in the ER on Saturday night with severe kidney pain.  Insurance nurse line and OB on call thought probably kidney stone.  But it didn't show up on ultrasound.  I had high white count but my urinalysis didn't look too bad.  Still waiting to hear about culture.  I was supposed to have a follow up appointment on Tuesday with my pcp but it had to be moved.  So, now I'm waiting until tomorrow.  I refuse to follow up with the OB unless I hear it from him.  For weeks I was telling them I felt like I had a UTI and that I had bladder spams and they kept brushing me off.  My pcp is very familiar with my 5 year long saga of UTIs and the fact that I had a bad kidney infection just before finding out I was pregnant and given my past I'm not positive it's not the same one.  And if it's not an infection then someone needs to give me some kind of answer.  The ER doctor said the OB on call said that "it sounds just like regular pregnancy things like muscularskeletal changes."  I could throat punch him.  I know kidney pain.  And feeling like I'm being ripped apart at my kidneys especially when baby is so little is not a pregnancy thing.  And now I'm having more bladder and urethra pains.  Again, it's my urethra, not my cervix, of this I'm sure.  And again, baby is too tiny to do anything.

The good news is that I measured very close to my date that I expected to see all along.  I need to change my ticker and am going to make a case for changing my EDD at next appointment.  I feel like it matters since this will be a RCS.  But there's a big neener-neener to the OB because I know body and randomly ovulating for the first time ever got my attention in a big way.  And puking from a kidney infection is pretty memorable in the "no, we didn't have sex" arena.

/end rant.

QOTW:  It's changed me a lot.  Even now, I feel so weird having this unexpected unmedicated pregnancy.  I still have just a bit of jealousy when other women announce their pregnant, even though I currently am.  And honestly, I kind of fantasize about being a fertie and getting KU super easy all the time and having a dozen kids.  I mean, all I ever wanted was to just have a few and the biggest worry be that it would happen too easily.  My grandmother had 9 kids in very quick succession.  My mother had 4 kids and was on bcp for each of them.  Most of my aunts have had unplanned pregnancies and in quick succession until they get their tubes tied.  Cousins are now doing the same thing.  And most non-family women I know either have unplanned pregnancies or get pregnant within a few cycles on their own.  I feel like no one IRL remotely understands what it is like.  And while they all love their kids, they didn't ever have that aching longing feeling combined with dread that you will never succeed and having to face the same fear each month to try yet again.  But, I guess that means at the end, I've experienced more joy than them too.  But my heart aches for all the others out there that haven't had success.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can I be added? I am currently on my second month of TTC with the use of Femera, trigger shot and IUI. Last month we did not make it to trigger because I did not ovulate and developed a cyst. Before that we were trying on our own for 4 months.

IF has changed me in the fact that I appreciate my LO to the fullest each and every day. It has also made me a stronger person overall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Update: Nothing to report. :)

QOTW: Besides eating up the last 7 years of my life?! LOL! I think IF has made me less pro choice. It used to be a very black and white issue to me and now I find myself sitting right on the fence and it is completely gray to me. There are just so many more variables to me now. I still vote pro choice, but I find myself much more open to restrictions since I have a much better and real idea of what exactly is going on with a fetus and how damn hard it is to get pregnant.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I triggered last night and ER is set for tomorrow morning.  As of yesterday's u/s, I had 12 follies 15-19mm, as well as 10 12-14mm (and 5 smaller ones) to work with.  I'm cautiously optimistic for a good retrieval and praying for a great fert report, hopefully getting a 5dt on Wednesday.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are trying on our own ... like always haha.  But I suppose you have to actually have sex for there to be that 1% chance that it will actually work, right ;)  And btw, is it possible for lightening to strike twice anyways?  Or am I holding on to a pipe dream?  I'm convinced DS was our one shot of having a BD baby ;)  ... but I'm forever grateful.      

All jokes aside, I haven't gotten AF back yet (not really complaining, but anxious for my body to be "back to normal" so I can start charting again!  Happy happy joy joy!).  I was officially done breastfeeding 5 days ago which was bittersweet.  

I'm hoping to jump on the accupuncture/herb train real soon, just trying to get insurance crap figured out.  For now, those will be my "treatments."  I might start feeding DH Fertilaid again. 

DH wants to wait to go back to the RE until DS is at least a year old.  I definitely won't get him back there before then. 

So for now, fingers, toes, limbs and eyes crossed for a surprise BFP!         

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options
    Update: No signs of ovulation this cycle, which I fully expected. Currently waiting for AF, hopefully any day now. I have an appt. with my OB in 2 weeks to discuss next steps and hopefully finally bite the bullet and get a referral to a RE!!
    QOTD: It has made me appreciate DS more and more everyday. After having him I thought TTC2 would be easy, don't ask me why! In the back of my head I keep thinking DS may be our one and only child which makes me sad but we are soooo beyond blessed to have him in our lives. Never take anything for granted!
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Options

Update:  I have to find my groove this wkend it's "that time" :)

QOTW: IF has changed me & my life in so many ways.  It has left me pretty bitter & resentful which are feelings that I never thought I would have about something as wonderful as conceiving a baby.  I hate that I am jealous of friends & family everytime I hear their announcements or the ease at which they conceived.  I hate that I have no faith or hope left in me.  I just don't feel like me anymore.  The only thing I can say on a positive note is that if it were not for IF I guess I would never of had my amazing twins :) or shared an experience with wonderful ladies like you all.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Update - Not much to report. The all day sickness seems to be letting up a bit and that has definitely been a welcome change. I have my next OB appointment on Tuesday.

QOTW - As many of you mentioned, I have definitely become much more cynical when it comes to pregnancy announcements. Although I am at a place in my life when I find it easier to try to be happy for those that are fortunate enough to get pregnant easily, I still struggle with it. But on the positive side, I know that IF has made me more appreciative of DS and the twins than I would have been had they come easily. I will never take any of my children for granted.

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

imageimage

• Options
    kbeach, how are you feeling? I'm assuming that whole bleeding scare turned out to be nothing (hopefully?!?!?!!)
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Options

Update: Saw the RE for the follow-up to our IVF 2 disaster.  He had no answers and seemed suddenly not so knowledgeable.  Also not as nice as if he was on his guard.  He called the cycle a success since we retrieved eggs and fertilized them.  Well I would call a success making it to transfer :(  He suggested MDLF if we want to try again but he and his nurse kept saying to me, "maybe you have enough children".  Really, is that your choice?  Sorry I am a bit emotional since AF showed and showed ugly, nothing is keeping it under control, they warned me about that, but yikes!  I think if we ever do this again I will seek a second opinion here or go back and cycle at our old clinic out of state. I feel lost.  Oh and our private insurance company refuses to cover my D & C surgery from July.  We keep appealing it but they say now that it was not medically necessary, I called before the surgery and they had said it was covered.  My RE told me I had to have the surgery since the pregnancy was so far advanced.  I just want to go somewhere and cry today, we are out another $10,000 over this OOP it looks like :(  Thanks for listening. 

QOTW:  Sadly IF has made me bitter, caused conflict between me and DH over cycling, costs, and having more children.  His dx has made him feel like less of a man.  I guess one positive is that we love and cherish every second with our twins since it is a miracle at all that they are even here.   

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Hey there!  We got pregnant after our first round of IVF with ICSI and our son was born 10/10.  We were diagnosed with MFI.  We have done all of our tests to procede with a FET in January.  I'll start bc after my next period.

I think IF has changed me for the fact that I get very jealous (and bitter towards) anyone that got pregnant without help!

• Options

Update: I called the RE for BCP and they said that since their labs close around the holidays, I will need to postpone my cycle a month. That was frustrating, but at least now I can drink for NYE. So now I'm looking forward to possibly a Valentine's Day FET.

QOTW: How has IF changed you? 

I would like to say that IF has made me more patient, but this tantrum-y 18 month old phase is really testing my patience.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hello!  Well after a delay I finally had my consult with RE and have begun the process for my FET which will now be the beginning of January.  It is our last frozen so this is the last and final attempt.  It is really weird being back in the office and scheduling all these ultrasounds and bloodwork and ordering hundreds of dollars of meds... I feel so different about it all then I did the first time around.  The logistics of it all are SO much harder now too. 

QOTD: I think my whole view on pregnancy itself is different now.  Prior to having my 1st daughter it had changed me in a lot of ways...bitter, emotional, depressed etc etc.  Overall now I would say has just made me take less for granted and cherish what I do have more.  Also not to assume things :)

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Options

imageSaraevh:
    kbeach, how are you feeling? I'm assuming that whole bleeding scare turned out to be nothing (hopefully?!?!?!!)

Just saw this as I was putting together this week's check in - sorry for the delayed response! Thank you for asking :-) Everything has been fine since then, so I am hoping the rest of this pregnancy will be very uneventful!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"