Nurseries and Baby Gear

Sound Machine

For the summer, we were using a window air conditioner on the fan setting.  The "white noise" level was perfect.  Now that it's cold out, we have taken the AC out of the window.  Any suggestions for a good sound machine?  We aren't necessarily interested in one that only plays music or jungle animals...but more of the white noise, fan sound.  My son is a very light sleeper and white noise has been lifesaving!

TIA! 

Re: Sound Machine

• No baby yet, so can't speak from experience but we are registered for this one:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=40535807&RN=7281&amp

Good price, good reviews and not too ugly/big.  

• I never bought a specific sound machine, but I had an iHome alarm clock that we had in our guest room (which became the nursery), which I now just plug my ancient Nano in.  I bought a white noise song off iTunes, and play it on repeat.  Just an option for an item that will have a use after baby gets a little older and doesn't need a sound machine per se.

I didn't notice how old your LO is, but realized after DD spent the weekend at my MIL's without a sound machine around 10 mo's old, that she actually still slept fine without it.  Terrifying to not use it at first, but haven't had an issue since, and I'm glad to get rid of that sleep crutch.  Just a thought!  Disclosure - we do use a humidifier just about everynight, so there is still a slight fan noise in her room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought the MARPAC Dohm-DS Dual Speed Electro-Mechanical White Noise/Sound Machine.  My husband found it and we loved it!  It is around $55.00 and worked great.  I loved the Dual Speed I could turn it up or down.  My daughter does not need it anymore so we plan to put it in the new nursery.  It is all white noise, fan sound. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you for the suggestions!  I've recently seen the MARPAC machine online and it definitely gets too reviews.  My DS is 10 months old tomorrow and has always slept amazing with white noise.   He has definitely slept without the noise too, if we are on vacation or visiting family...but I absolutely hate tiptoeing around my house once he's gone to sleep for naps or at bedtime.  He also shares a bedroom with my 3 1/2 year old DS and they have different bedtimes so it helps to block out the noise of him walking in the room and getting to sleep.  Thanks again!  
  • Homedics sound spa lullaby = baby crack.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imageMrsJetSet:
    Homedics sound spa lullaby = baby crack.

This is what we have.  Love it so far.   

Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsJetSet:

We have this one for both kids.  the projector dies quickly if you leave it on all night, but the sound machine part is awesome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsJetSet:

We have one for each kid!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're using a sound dock for an ipod and found free white noise tracks to play on a loop.  During the day, we can alternate with music of our choice and I'm not restricted by a timed play cycle.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby and it's awesome.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Homedics sound spa sound machine. They have it on Walmart.com, it's like 20. It's nice too that it's small and portable if you use batteries. We have taken it in the car for a long trip.
    BKP__Levi's One Year_0032_CDBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMLF135:
    Homedics sound spa sound machine. They have it on Walmart.com, it's like 20. It's nice too that it's small and portable if you use batteries. We have taken it in the car for a long trip.

This one!  We had a used one for 6 months, and used it all night and for all naps.  We got a new one, and have been using it for more than a year and a half.

photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"