Baby Showers
Options

NBSR need advice!

Hello! I am throwing my friends bridal shower and am having it at 10AM as it is at my church and they have Saturday evening services and Sunday is not a good day for my friend. My first question is this- If you're attending a shower at 10AM would you expect just snack foods or an actual meal? I'm trying to have it at a time where I don't need to plan a whole meal. I also have an in home bakery and I was thinking about doing more of a "dessert bar". My friend has already expressed she would like me to make cupcakes instead of a cake, so I thought I could do those with some cookies, bars, puppy chow, and other snacky type things. But now I'm wondering if 10AM is too early to do a dessert bar? Otherwise I would just do cupcakes, a fruit tray, and cheese and crackers. Any advice would be helpful!!!
imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBSR need advice!

• Options
    At 10am, I would not expect a meal. I'd go with a nice selection of juices, coffee, and water for beverages. Food, I'd go with pastries/muffins/cupcakes, cheese and fruit plates, maybe a nice breakfast-y casserole.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would think a 10am shower would be snacks... I love the dessert bar idea but I may include a few non-sweet items. Maybe a tray of yummy pastries including mini bagels and croissants then have some jellies and flavored butters? Definitely the fruit tray too!

This bridges the "early brunch time" nicely I think with some breakfast snacks but the all important sweets!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would assume breakfasty things like PP's have mentioned would be served at that hour.  10:30-11:30 I would assume a brunch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

like pp's say... brunch time...

im hosting my friends baby shower on a saturday late morning (10am) and am doing fruits and pastry type foods... maybe even a yogurt bar...

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advice! If I am able to find a place to have it at 2 PM (which was my original plan) do you all think the dessert bar idea would work better?
    imagePhotobucket width="180px"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    10, I would go expecting brunch/breakfasty stuff.  2:00, totally cool to have some appetizers and cupcakes.
  • Options

imagewittyschaffy:
    10, I would go expecting brunch/breakfasty stuff.  2:00, totally cool to have some appetizers and cupcakes.

Word by word!

• Options
    I would expect brunch foods. That is way too many dessert type foods IMO.
  • Options
    imagechicagocubsfan23:
    Thank you all for your advice! If I am able to find a place to have it at 2 PM which was my original plan do you all think the dessert bar idea would work better?

I would want some non sweet items no matter when it was held. So fruit and veggie trays with a dessert bar as the main course would be perfect. It's just nice to have something not sweet every now and then even when you're pigging out on cup cakes.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    At a 10 am shower I would expect brunch.  The shower will go at least until noon and rarely is the food the first thing...so it would be around 11 before people started eating anyway (that is lunch for many people and for sure brunch for a lot).  I would probably have some quiche, cheeses, etc...not just desserts and snack foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"