November 2012 Moms
Options

Baby boy Mammas and "that appt"

P goes for his circumsicion today .......how long did it take for your LO's to heal? What did you do for comforting......I'm sooooooo not looking forward to this afternoon!!!!! My poor sweet little guy!

Re: Baby boy Mammas and "that appt"

• Options
    After about three days he seemed to be doing a lot better with it. After 5 days or so, it wasn't as red and.painful looking. For soothing, we tried the pacifier and talking to him, but nothing.worked till we were done messing with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    I think it depends on what type of circumcision method they use. My DS had the plastibell method and the ring fell off within 6 days. The procedure took 20 mins and we had a bottle ready for when he was done. He ate a little bit, but the crying during the procedure made him tired/along with the meds, and he slept for most of the day. Mommy's cuddles helped him a lot and just that first few days was he a little sensitive to when we wiped him. But other than that he was fine. Good luck! The worst part for us Mommy's is when they take him back in the room and you cant be back there and you hear his little cry =(

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Which type of procedure are you having done? We had the plastibell procedure done. We had the procedure done on a Friday and everything "fell off" the following Wednesday morning. So about 5ish days.

The procedure took maybe ten minutes, then they brought him back to me and wanted us to wait ten minutes (I think to make sure it didn't randomly start bleeding or anything) and while we waited, I nursed him. Which made me super happy because they had said some babies won't want to eat for a while after, but Cu never had that problem.

But I didn't seem to notice that Cu was in discomfort, so there were no "extra" comfort measures that I took. Just comfort P the same way you always would. He probably won't even know what happened!

Good luck mama! It'll be ok. I was scared and sad for my Cu too, but he totally handled it 10X better than I did.

**If you are having the plastibell procedure done, feel free to PM me about it. We actually did have a "problem" with Cu's, but it all turned out ok. But I now know what looks right and what looks wrong!!

• Options
    I was really nervous about it too! But the little man did great! The dr said he didn't even cry. It took about a week to heal. He never acted like it hurt him while it was healing. We put Vaseline covered gauze on top to keep it from sticking to his diaper. When we ran out of that we put Vaseline right in the diaper until it was healed.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

imageOrganizedbride@yahoo.com:
    The worst part for us Mommy's is when they take him back in the room and you cant be back there and you hear his little cry =(

This. We did the plastibell too and DH actually went back with DS while the procedure was being done (to hold his little hand for moral support). He was really sleepy afterwards, but never acted like he was in pain. The ring fell off within 8 days.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I guess we're a little different b/c we did a bris but I agree w/ the other posters - Baby was v sleepy right after it was done (I chose not to be in the room but everyone told me he barely cried during).  But by late afternoon he seemed to be back to normal.  We do a fresh piece of gauze covered in A/D ointment (similar to Vasiline) w/ each diaper change and he seems ok.

Definitely worse for you than for him! 

• Options
    Noah had his done at 2 weeks old. He did great with the actual procedure, didn't even cry. He did not enjoy us messing with it for about 3 days so diaper changes weren't very fun. He was fine as long as we didn't mess with him, even the day he had it done. I think he had one dose of Tylenol right after the procedure. After that he had no problems and it healed up pretty quickly. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! P screamed almost the whole way home but I gave him a dose of Tylenol.....once we were home, the first change was no fun but he ate and now is sleeping really well...just heartbreaking! I never want to go through something like that again!!! We are sleeping by the fire tonight.....
  • Options

They dId DS 24 hours after he was born. It seemed really red and raw looking for about 2 days. Seemed completely healed in about 5-7 days.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    E's was Tuesday. He was really sleepy most of the afternoon. His first diaper change was AWFUL. He had a giant poop that filled his whole diaper, so I had to take the gauze off, and the vaseline stuck to my fingers and not to his winkie, and I knew those screams were pain, and I cried because I didn't know how to help him. I finally just gave him a little baby tylenol and nursed him and he calmed right down. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kason had his at 1 day old. We opted for the gomco procedure because I think it would freak me out if anything was to "fall off" days later lol. He didn't cry during the procedure, a bit sleepy afterwards but a few hours later he was up and very alert. It took about a good 56 days for it to heal. No major or minor problems with the gomco method
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"