Nurseries and Baby Gear

Furious w. Target

So my DH and I purchased our crib about a month ago now from Target hoping to get it before the holiday (didn't want to bother with delayed shipping). The crib arrived a week later and when we opened the package it was completely destroyed. Dents everywhere and one of the railings was completely cracked in half.

I called Target to try to exchange it and they said they don't do exchanges. They said we had to have it picked up and once it arrived back to them, they would issue a refund and then we can re-purchase the crib. We still haven't recieved the refund and I went online today to find that the crib is no longer in stock.

Not only now do I now have to ship during the holidays but I have no idea when it's coming back into stock. I would go somewhere else but honestly we're getting a really good deal that we can't get anywhere else. I literally want to go to the headquarters, track down the CEO, and wring his neck.

Re: Furious w. Target

• Ugh I'm sorry. That sounds really, really frustrating. What crib was it that you ordered? I find that target is hit or miss when it comes to customer service.
    After many struggles we are ecstatically and cautiously expecting! FET#1- BFN FET#2- BFP 5w2d- 1 healthy sac 6w3d- Heartbeat!! Thank you God!! 120 BPM 7w3d-154 BPM 8w3d-169 BPM Baby moved for 1st time! 9w2d-HB 169 BPM Baby danced again! So blessed!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh this is awful.  Target online seems to be very different in terms of customer service than Target in the stores themselves.  I had an issue with them several years ago - ordered an item online b/c of the price, only to have them draw it out for months until one day I got an email from them stating that the item would no longer be carried by them, and they just cancelled my order.  I didn't drop the issue but in the end they gave me a $30 gift card for my frustration and that was that.  Unless its an earth shattering deal that you're getting I personally would look elsewhere for a crib.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageflapurls:
    Oh this is awful.nbsp; Target online seems to be very different in terms of customer service than Target in the stores themselves.nbsp; I had an issue with them several years ago ordered an item online b/c of the price, only to have them draw it out for months until one day I got an email from them stating that the item would no longer be carried by them, and they just cancelled my order.nbsp; I didn't drop the issue but in the end they gave me a 30 gift card for my frustration and that was that.nbsp; Unless its an earth shattering deal that you're getting I personally would look elsewhere for a crib.

Online orders usually ship from the vendor not from a Target store or distribution center. So it is likely that Target is the middle man but the crib manufacturer is to blame.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Can you try price matching elsewhere? I've seen that some stores are online price matching too during the holidays.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• As someone who has had issues with furniture products from Target that require assembly, I'd stay away from them all together, especially given their lackluster attitude in helping you.  Can you return this crib to Target store to avoid the hassle of shipping it yourself?  I am not sure about the furniture policy but usually things bought at Target online can be easily returned to the brick and mortar store.  Also have you had any success asking to speak to the supervisor during your call, you might get better service that way.  GL! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can return it to any Target store.
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Personally OK quit target a long time ago. There are too many other merchants with competitive prices to waste time with target's crap.
  • When another store was having a 20%, buy buy baby offered to price match for us (on one of their restricted brands).  If they carry the same crib It is definitely worth a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"