Austin Babies

pro-vbac OB recs?

Hi,

We just moved back to Austin after a few years away, I'm so happy to be back:). Anyway, I'm now in the market for a great OB who will support me in trying for a VBAC - shouldn't be too hard, as my first son was delivered vaginally and the c-section was for fetal distress. If anyone has heard of great pro-VBAC docs I'd love to hear about them!

D is 3, A is 1
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: pro-vbac OB recs?

• What part of town?  Are you open to a birthing center than has an OB & midwives? 

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• We are central, near Zilker Park. I would be willing to drive a ways to get what I want, though. And yes, I would definitely be open to a birthing center and midwives.
    D is 3, A is 1
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • OBGYN North. It is OBGs and midwives. They are very supportive of natural birth and VBACs. They are out of St. David's North. Here is a link to their website:

https://www.obgynnorth.com/

HTH! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nurture Obgyn. 
    ME: 30 DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 3/2010
    DX: Unclear-potential MF (low motility, borderline count); currently unexplained
    Ultrasound/HSG- Feb 2011
    Lap: May 2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #1: 6/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #2: 7/2011
    Clomid/IUI Cycle #3: 8/2011
    9/2011 Switched REs...and more testing
    DX: Unexplained- borderline MFI
    IVF #1: 11/09/2011- BFP!!
    Beta #1: 241; Beta #2: 666
    Ultrasound scheduled for 5w6d
    Baby girl born 8.14.12
  • I am in the same boat and my OB is exceptional.  Her name is Dr. Laura Merritt and she is one of the founding docs of the Women's Renaissance Group.  Delivery is out of St. David's Women's Medical Center North...off of Mopac and Parmer.    Anyway hospital and doc are exceptional.

• i also keep hearing great things about OBGYN north.  tried to switch to them, but it was much too late (i was 39 weeks when i found out my OBGYN wasn't as VBAC friendly as i thought).  

make sure you research a really good VBAC supportive dr and leave when you feel they're pulling the whole switch and bait on you.  i wish i had done more research.  however, i did get my VBAC regardless.  as long as you believe you're doing the right thing, it'll work out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"