Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Walking shoes?

DD is pulling herself up to stand and can stand unsupported for short periods.  MIL asked me for suggestions for christmas gifts and I suggested some walking shoes, like Stride Rites that will support her ankles better than the soft sole shoes she wears now.  MIL said she thought the child's foot had to be measured for walking shoes (she remembered taking DH & SIL to be measured) is that the case? 

Any advice for a good pair of first shoes for new walkers?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Walking shoes?

• Options

You can take her to StrideRite to be measured for her first pair.  Then give MIL the size. 

DS was sized.  I sized up DD myself with DS's old shoes.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Take her to stride rite when she starts cruising. Her feet might grow before then. DD1's feet were chubby and extra wide, so going into the store was best because measuring them at home, I might have bought a shoe that was too narrow. Buy the ugly, white, high ankle ones even if everyone else is buying cute adidas sneakers or chuck taylors or whatever. They have no support for the ankles or for the instep. You will be glad, because she will walk better and more confidently for it, and won't be tripping all over the place or have flat feet. Ok, I don't know if there is a correlation between sneakers and flat feet, but my mom said there was, and who am I to question her? In all seriousness, all the kids at my daughter's daycare whose parents bought the cute sneakers had problems when they tried walking, but DD1 was running before most were walking and I really believe it is down to the type of shoes they start out in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageacaudill75:
    Take her to stride rite when she starts cruising. Her feet might grow before then. DD1's feet were chubby and extra wide, so going into the store was best because measuring them at home, I might have bought a shoe that was too narrow. Buy the ugly, white, high ankle ones even if everyone else is buying cute adidas sneakers or chuck taylors or whatever. They have no support for the ankles or for the instep. You will be glad, because she will walk better and more confidently for it, and won't be tripping all over the place or have flat feet. Ok, I don't know if there is a correlation between sneakers and flat feet, but my mom said there was, and who am I to question her? In all seriousness, all the kids at my daughter's daycare whose parents bought the cute sneakers had problems when they tried walking, but DD1 was running before most were walking and I really believe it is down to the type of shoes they start out in.
    umm... what? Is your mom a podiatrist or something? Because unless she is, I would definitely be questioning this. I sure as heck don't just take whatever my mom says as truth, and she's a nurse!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"