November 2012 Moms
Options

Birth control while breast feeding?

I was on the Nuva Ring before TTC and having baby, now I'm looking for a birth control to go on while I'm breast feeding. Any STM's have any suggestions? I've heard differing opinions on whether you can take hormonal BC while breastfeeding. Anyone have a non-hormonal BC they love??

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth control while breast feeding?

• Options
    Condoms are annoying, but tried and true.

I'm still waiting for something my SO can take. I have enough to worry about, not getting me pregnant again for two years should be his job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started the Depo shot......doc said totally fine with breastfeeding
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're contemplating the ParaGuard IUD. It's copper and no hormones, but I'm with ironmom DH should be on the pill, not me.

• Options

imageCandaceLeigh:
    We're contemplating the ParaGuard IUD. It's copper and no hormones, but I'm with ironmom DH should be on the pill, not me.

I had Paragard before TTC#2 and loved it, especially the no hormones and not having to remember to take anything part. I'll probably get it again at my 6 week postpartum checkup. My only hesitation is that it will make it harder to convince DH to go for #3 if I just happen to conveniently have the BC issue covered for the next 10 years.

• Options
    imageZoeMay06:

imageCandaceLeigh:

I had Paragard before TTC#2 and loved it, especially the no hormones and not having to remember to take anything part. I'll probably get it again at my 6 week postpartum checkup. My only hesitation is that it will make it harder to convince DH to go for #3 if I just happen to conveniently have the BC issue covered for the next 10 years.

I'm really worried about that too. DH and I are not done having kids, but we're not totally sure we want more either. I see it being way too easy to say "We'll start trying again next year." "Well, let's just wait one more year." Next thing you know, I've got preteens and baby fever. Not a good combo.

• Options

I took the minipill, but eventually stopped it because I was not a fan.  And then I got pregnant again, surprise!

I plan on getting the Paraguard at my 6 week checkup. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning to get paraguard iud after I recover from this birth.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options
    imageironmom5:
    Condoms are annoying, but tried and true.

I'm still waiting for something my SO can take. I have enough to worry about, not getting me pregnant again for two years should be his job.

This times 10.
    Isabella Sophia Tudorica - November 24, 2012
  • Options
    We're condoms people. The hormonal birth control options mess with me WAY too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"