March 2012 Moms
Options

What are you getting your daycare providers for the holidays?

My son goes to a daycare center 5 days a week and has with the same 4 caregivers since he began in June. It's a very nice facility (it's associated with the school district so he'll be in the same building until he graduates from kindergarten, which I love!) and I'm happy with the care he gets, in particular, the girl in the afternoon, who treats him like he's her only baby!

So, what I'm slowly getting to asking is, how much is appropriate to spend per caregiver? I've seen suggestions online from $10 to $100 each, and that's a HUGE range. What have you guys (who've done this before) done? What types of gifts did you give?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you getting your daycare providers for the holidays?

• Options
    shoot I haven't even thought of that..good question! I can't really spend a lot...so I am not sure what I would spend. (sorry i am not help Sad )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options
    We are getting out easy. Dd's daycare does a big money pool gift to the providers with a recommended 50 per family. That means we would be giving 12.50 per provider in her room. I would have easily spent 20 per person if I had done gifts.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

As a former daycare provider, gifts I loved:

-gift cards to the grocery store or Dunkin Donuts (best $10 ever) or other places. Those were just my favorite. :)

-fluffy socks

-food gifts. One lady just bought a big bucket of candy and treats we could all dig through and share. It was awesome.

-coffee and donuts for everyone (best morning at work ever)

-slipper from the mom of a baby who always stole my slippers. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    We have the same teacher 4 of the 5 days and I was thinking about a spa gift card ($75) and a small gift. She is amazing and my son loves her so I really want to do something nice and somewhat personal. I'll probably do smaller gift cards for the other teachers that he has on the other day. 
  • Options
    DS goes to an in-home daycare 1-2 days a week.  I happen to know (from a coworker who recommended her to me) that the caregiver's favorite restaurant is Islands so we'll be giving her an Islands gift card.  I was thinking about $50-$75.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    Daddy day care will get to catch up on some sleep :) best gift ever
  • Options
    I plan on getting them 10 dollar gift cards for the local bookstore/coffee shop. I loved getting them as gifts when I worked DC.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son also goes to daycare 5 days a week but its a home daycare and only two ladies. I asked my neighbor what she gave and she said a weeks worth of daycare as a gift. I pay 200 a week so I will give 100 to each lady since thy are so good to my son. I'm not sure what you do for 4 ladies. This is a first for me so not even sure if that is right

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    i already spoil my daycare people! I buy them a full pizza/pasta lunch once a month just as a huge thank you. But will go to bath and body works and get them some of those little deals they have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I am either thinking a $50 cash bonus or like $35 gift card to a local restuarant. We go to an in home daycare. I really like her but I can't afford too much. Plus I am thinking about getting her son something since they are close in age.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"