Postpartum Depression

Do u share ppd with others

Subject: do u share ur opd with others example; co workers, friends etcetera if so what do u say and to whom and if not what do you say when you have anxiety or feeling like not anything?
lolololo

Re: Do u share ppd with others

• I do.  I use to be embarrassed and avoid it, but now I even use it as an example of a mental illness in my 9th grade health class that I teach.  The more you talk about it and are open with it, the better you will feel and posssibly find someone else that is dealing with it too. 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• I dont. But then again I have been dealing with mental illness my whole life pretty much and Ive learned to hide it well. The only person that knows everything is DH and i told him immediately when we met so he could decide if he really wanted to deal with all that before we got serious. Also I made sure to give him plenty of info on PPD so that if he saw any signs he could step in cuz i tend to not speak up even with him so that was good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I deveoped PPA/PPD whebn my DD was 2 months old, now she is 11 months old. I share my story all the time. I usually start with that "motherhood was a really big adjustment & rough at first"

I can't tell you know many people can relate to me. almost every woman I talk to has had adjustment issues. Many even open up that they too had PPA/PPD. even a lot of men relate because their wives had adjustmant issues too.

overall the feedback has been so positive! I live in a really small town in rural wisconsin (500+ people). I had so much support and have earned so much respect from other women. I would even like to put my psychology degree to work & help other women experencing PPA/PPD

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will share it if I feel the situation is right.  I don't hide it, but I don't open tell people about it if it's not relevant to the conversation.  I ended up sharing it with a high level executive in my company at a work party when she mentioned her son struggles with anxiety issues.  It led to us sharing our experiences.  

I find talking about it can help others and that makes me feel good. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"