Multiples

crappy update

Everything has been good with the babies for the last 3+weeks. Nice and stable/improving. I was getting stir crazy being stuck in the hospital....and there was starting to be some talk.of discharging me....UNTIL TODAY. Today at my bpp, there was no.longer any separating membrane. My moni-di twins are now.mono-mono. I am going to be heavily monitored until delivery, which will be at 32 weeks. The problem.now is.cord.entanglement. the good.news is that this happened now instead.of when they were itty bitty, but they still have room.to.move around.from the fluid. It may have happened as a result of one.of the amnioreductions....although the last.one was over three weeks ago. My.sonographer thinks it may have been.a.teeny poke that was fine until they started getting big and strong. This is the second case.of this she has seen ever....in 20 years. ....... ..... ... THEN..to.top.it all.off, they diagnosed.me.with gd.today. it has been a less than stellar day.

Re: crappy update

• I'm so sorry!  Hopefully the babies will just chill in there and relax until delivery time.  I'm sorry you are now stuck in the hospital until then too, it can't be easy :(

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I'm so sorry to hear this! How scary. T&Ps for you and your girls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry!  (((HUGS)))

I will be sending positive energy to you and your babies.  Keep us posted.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • I am so sorry to hear this, but just think....32 weeks is only  a few weeks away. You can do it! You are being carefully monitored and as a mono/di mama, I am impressed with your progress!! Keep it going and don't give up. You are close and in the safest place. 

Prayers coming your way! 

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
    DH:39 lower than average count.
    Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
    ~IVF#1: July 2012~
    7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
    u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
    u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
    Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.
  • Sorry to hear you got crappy news hon. : (

Sounds like you're being closely monitored and well taken care of though.  At least you know you and your babies will be safe and healthy when they do arrive!  The crazy things we go through, but it's all worth it in the end.  When you see your beautiful baby, your heart will melt and all will be well in the world again.

Watch a good movie tonight, order some sorbet and get a good nights rest. 

Good Luck!!!  : )

• that happened to someone else here, i can't remember who.

hope you have no more surprises!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Sorry to hear that!  I read your updates and you've been through a lot.  I hope everything stays calm over the next few weeks. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • I.remember reading somewhere that.it happened.to.someone.else, but i.could have seen.it.anywhere since i feel.like.i.am.everywhere.online.now. this.pregnancy.is.keeping.me.on.my.toes. the.medical.staff here too.i.think! I am.spicing everything.up a bit. It.is.so surreal. You.know the feeling.you get when.you.find.out there.is.more.than.one??? This.whole.pregnancy.has had.that same surreal.quality.about.it. occasionally.i.am.sure that i.will.soon wake.up and.life.will.be.normal.again (ha!). I am.glad there is an.end.in.sight though....less.than.three.weeks! Ihope they stay.in.their.own.corners and play nice. Having them.all in.one sac is.nervewracking. My dh.and.i.joke that.i.ought.to.play the lottery b/c eeverything.involved with.this.pregnancy.has been not that.likely (mono/di, ttts, the sac broken).
  • I.forgot.to.mention that.i.am.so.very very appreciative.of.your support. Thank.you.is.not enough.
  • Oh my goodness!! When do you get a break?? I'm glad they are monitoring your girls so carefully at least.....I'll be praying for a healthy and uneventful rest of your pregnancy and for healthy little babies when all this is over!
  • Oh no!  I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.  So so so glad to see you are almost 29 weeks - that's great!  I'm sorry you have to stay in the hospital, I know how tough that is.  How big are little ladies measuring now?  Prayers that they stay nice and stay inside until at least 32 weeks!
  • I'm so sorry.  This must be so scary.  T&P that everything goes as smoothly as possible from here on out.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So sorry to hear that you are having such a rough day.  I pray the membrane regrows and that you no longer have to struggle with gd. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"