Pre-School and Daycare

2 bday parties for 1 kid in the same weekend?

We got an invitation for a 3rd birthday party.  The invite has a date/time/place for 2 different days at 2 different places.  This is crazy right?  We do not need to celebrate this birthday on Saturday and Sunday or is this something new that I have not been exposed to.

I need to RSVP but feel weird saying we will come on one of the days and not the other.  Please tell me I am not crazy!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 2 bday parties for 1 kid in the same weekend?

• I have not heard of people doing that before.  I'm guessing they are throwing 2 parties because birthday child wanted to do 2 different things for their birthday and they are hoping people can make it one day or the other ???

I would RSVP for one of the days (assuming you want to go at all) and maybe drop the parent an email saying you were slightly confused by the invite as I bet you weren't the only one.

DD#1 5 years DD#2 3 years
  • If you are close enough to the parents, ask for clarification.

If you don't want the hassle of discussing it with the parents, just decide which you'd rather attend and RSVP that you can only make one of the days.

This seems ridiculous to me. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Loading the player...
  • So curious about where they are? Is one at home and one out? I know sometimes people have a party out for friends and then something at home for family and if you are close enough could be invited to both but that would be two invites or better yet one invite and one talking.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • This does seem crazy. I'd ask the mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, I ended up sending an email.  The first party is at a community indoor pool and a bunch of kids are invited.  The second party is at their house, much smaller for a smaller group of families.  We were invited to both.  I still think it is weird though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • That is totally nuts and way over the top.  I would only go to one party unless this was family and one was a friend party and was a family party.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"