TTC after 35
Options

faint lines

Hello,

First time on this board recently, but I'm going a little crazy and thought others might have input. I'm pushing 40 and we are trying for our second. First time around (I was 37) we conceived in one cycle. We've been trying for a few months for the second. I'm anywhere from 13-14dpo (per my clearblue easy fertility monitor). I know I should probably put down the pregnancy tests...

I tested on Sunday with first response (fmu) and got a clear, yet faint line (visible without having to pick it up and scrutinize it), but tested negative on a clearblue easy digital. Thought, no big deal - it is early. Tested again on Monday (fmu) and there was virtually nothing on the first response (extraordinarily faint line) and digital was also negative (no surprise). I drew the conclusion that maybe I had a chemical pregnancy and got really bummed about it all day. Later that same day after talking to my midwife (against her advise to not test anymore until Saturday), I took another first response and got a darker faint line (same as the day before). I used a digital, and it was also positive ("pregnant"). I did not use fmu for those tests, though I hadn't drank anything for a couple hours. This morning, I got another faint line on first response. I didn't bother with the digital. 

Is this even within the realm of normal for a viable pregnancy? Something is going on. I don't feel like I am getting my period nor do I feel like I am pregnant (at least the way I did the first time around). At my last pregnancy, once I got a faint line, it increased in intensity pretty steadily as the days passed. This one seems stuck on faint and sometimes not there at all (depending on the test). I guess time will tell but I'm just wondering if others have gone through this and what the outcome was? I'm driving myself crazy (and probably you, too, since you took the time to read through this). 

Re: faint lines

• Options
    a line is a line-- you are pregnant...
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

imageJJ1973:
    I took another first response and got a darker faint line (same as the day before). I used a digital, and it was also positive ("pregnant").

I think its a good call, 2 test say +! and you didn't rip the test apart "to see" the line....congrats

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageJJ1973:
    I took another first response and got a darker faint line (same as the day before). I used a digital, and it was also positive ("pregnant").

I think its a good call, 2 test say +! and you didn't rip the test apart "to see" the line....congrats

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"