Pregnant after 35

Tell me about Amnio

I am going Friday morning for Amnio and I am getting a little nervous. They have told me to make sure I have someone with me to drive me back. DH wasn't going to miss this anyways, so that's not an issue. Also asked me to have 24 hours bedrest.

If you already had an amnio, what was the procedure like? was it painful? Is there a discomfort afterwards?  

Re: Tell me about Amnio

• hi, I have no idea but I just wanted to poke my head in and say congrats & I recognize you from TTC after 35!

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had it 2x.  For me, no pain after.  Only pain during the procedure from the needle.  Was not fun but nothing bad for me.  The anticipation is worse for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It was painful during the procedure...no pain afterwards.  They will keep reminding you to breath. (I think it is normal to try and hold your breath to get through the worst moments of it)

The doctor is usually very quick about it...the whole thing should not take more then about 10 mins. (If that)  

Just hold DH's hand...concentrate on breathing....you will be ok.

• Thanks! I don't know why I am getting anxious about it.  I will update you guys with the procedure and resutls.
  • I went by myself and had no problems driving home.  The needle insertion was more uncomfortable than painful - it was right near my belly button - and I seem to remember it was itchy later that day. 

This was with Son No.1; with No.2, we just did the NT scan and MaterniT21.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I had one and the procedure did hurt, but I went right into work afterwards. I just closed my eyes and did a lot of deep breathing while it was being done. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"