Any mini pill experts? — The Bump
Stay at Home Moms

Any mini pill experts?

I'm still BF and haven't had AF yet after almost 14 months. I take the mini pill very regularly at the same time daily. The past few days, its been off by an hour or so.  Have I really messed up, or I'm probably ok right. Say I'm ok, please. Please...
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Any mini pill experts?

• I am no expert, but if you are looking for reassurance then i will say that you are ok. I don't always take mine at the exact same time (i'm sometimes off by an hour too).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you can be off by a few hours and still be ok... DH read the info packet and told me that. The time I take it varies by 30 minutes or so every night, depending on when I remember to take it. I think you're ok. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • image joyfullyfound:
    I think you can be off by a few hours and still be ok... DH read the info packet and told me that. The time I take it varies by 30 minutes or so every night, depending on when I remember to take it. I think you're ok. 

ok, I was thinking that it was supposed to be within 15 minutes each day.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image ldcoffel:

image joyfullyfound:
    I think you can be off by a few hours and still be ok... DH read the info packet and told me that. The time I take it varies by 30 minutes or so every night, depending on when I remember to take it. I think you're ok. 

ok, I was thinking that it was supposed to be within 15 minutes each day.  

I don't take the mini pill but I did consider it. My doc said that if you don't take it at the exact same time every day it can actually increase your odds of pregnancy! Not trying to scare you just adding what I've been told..

• I took it for a short time after having E and I remember the insert saying you had to take it within 3hrs of the normal time. Obviously they prefer the exact same time but that doesn't always happen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• I hear that the mini-pill in general is not very reliable, even when taken correctly.  I know several people who got pg on it

I took it for a year after DD and was never right on top of the timing, but I also combined it with charting

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Thanks ladies. I guess I'll let you know if it didn't work in about 4 weeks! ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards