Food Allergy
Options

RAST test *fail*

Just wanted to share my story b/c i'm beyond frustrated

Couple of weeks ago i took my 3 y/o to get his blood drawn by his pediatrician for his yearly allergy test. The doctor took the blood which was torture on my son! and took the form where it clearly lists what he needs to be tested for.

The results came back and he was only tested for 2 out of 20 things he was suppose to be tested. They only tested him for peanuts and apples. So looks like they missed the other 18 that was on the list (how?)

So we now have to do it all over again. My husband took him this past Saturday b/c i couldn't bare the pain again. He comes back and said the other doctor (which i'm not a fan of) told my husband to hold him as tight as if he feels like he's choking him (Really??? She said that in front of my son to my husband WTF?).. he held him as tightly as he could and when she put the needle in, she loudly said "the vein exploded, we're done".. so she sent them home. I don't even know how to handle this situation. I'm planning on calling the main doctor and complaining but this just means we have to put my son through the torture again.

i'm beyond annoyed. His primary pediatrician is the only one that can take his blood for some reason.

Re: RAST test *fail*

• Options
    Oh, I would be pissed!! I'm so sorry.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Poor guy! I hope you get some answers and someone good with drawing little kiddo's blood next time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Goodness!  That's awful.  Can you take him to a lab that specializes in blood draws?  The Children's hospital here has lots of outpatient lab locations and that is where we take our daughter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"