Health & Exercise
Options

I've stopped working out :/

once I found out last week I was pregnant I kinda just quit working out. I was doing a lot of cardio that was pretty intense and I'm just afraid of overdoing it. are there any DVD's besides Yoga that I can safely do?? I'm in WI and so here it's fall/winter season and cold and windy out so I haven't been doing much walking lol I was NOT active at all my last pregnancy but I want to be for this one!!
Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I've stopped working out :/

• Options
    Working out will not harm your pregnancy as long as you stay within your pre-pregnancy workout parameters, and as long as you do not have a high risk pregnancy. If I were you, I would go back to what you were doing a week ago.
  • Options

imagebobbyme:
    Working out will not harm your pregnancy as long as you stay within your pre-pregnancy workout parameters, and as long as you do not have a high risk pregnancy. If I were you, I would go back to what you were doing a week ago.

This.  Cardio is fine as long as you don't go crazy on the intensity.  You will be glad you kept it up! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why are you afraid of doing cardio? Did your doctor tell you to stop?  I have been working out the entire time.  I only just stopped running a few weeks ago because of ligament pain but I still do stairs and elliptical machine.  It's totally safe unless you are high risk.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I worked out pretty intensely till week 14 (soccer games), then cut back to just running till 18 weeks, then just brisk walking after that. Brisk walking is actually an excellent workout, harder to go as brisk now in the 8th month!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"