Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby has never been fussy

I'm not meaning to AW myself or anything I'm genuinely curious if I should be concerned, my 5 month old has never been fussy, like he will whine a bit if he's hungry but has never once inconsolably cried or cried for no reason. As a ftm I read a lot how babies cry a lot so don't know if that's something weird wrong with him or if he's just a relaxed baby
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Baby has never been fussy

• Options

I hate you!  I'm just kidding:)  My son had colic and is fussy in general, so I can't help but tease you a little! 

Like you, I have read several times that a baby cries an average of three hours a day (off and on). If I were in your position, I would ask my pedi at the next appointment just to be sure this isn't a sign of something.  I am no doctor, but you likely just have a rare situation with a baby with an extremely mild temperment that doesn't cry or fuss.  My neice was also like this. My brother and sister-in-law would swear she only cried a total of an hour her first year. 

Hope you get some good feedback from your pedi that puts your mind at ease.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like you won the baby lottery! That is awesome. My daughter is similar although not quite that chill. She just finished a wonder week so she was actually a little fussy for once. She cried a couple times a day for just a few minutes at a time. Although, she is never inconsolable. Update us on what the pedi says if you ask! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

ds#1 was a very happy and calm baby.  (He is still a wonderfully sweet and well behaved boy.  We never went through terrible twos or anything like that).

ds#2....well they are quite opposites!  he was screaming evey waking moment for the 1st 8 weeks of his life.  we are starting to do better now...he is just VERY particular.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Sounds like you lucked out!  Us, too.  DS#1 was very needy, always had to be held, had to sleep on someone, you couldn't put him down for 10 seconds without Def-Con Level 5 freakouts.  When I was pregnant with #2, we were genuinely afraid to go through it again.

DS#2 couldn't be more different.  He's super chill, sleeps great, barely cries ever (usually just to tell us he's hungry or needs a poop change), and smiles all the time.  I realize it might change as he grows, but for now we are totally enjoying this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"