Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1st birthday on a budget

Hi Ladies,

I'm planning my DS's 1st birthday for this Saturday. We are on a serious time crunch and money is tight. I'm trying to make the best of things and use what we've got, but any suggestions would be welcome.

Our theme is jungle safari. We're using the kids' stuffed animals to decorate. We've also got a few animal print pillows and blankets to add to the room. I hadn't planned on serving a meal, just kind of a chips n dip thing, but any cute suggestions there would be great. I've also thought about using the hefty zoo pals plates and cups instead of getting some from the party store.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks very much!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: 1st birthday on a budget

• Options

Hi there,

I just did a quick google of jungle party food ideas, and came up with a lot of cute ideas.

How many people are you catering to? how many kids/ages? Depeneding on numbers of kids, I thought you could use your jungle print sheets to make a tent over a table, so the kids have a safari tent to eat/play in. DD1 never gets tired of having a tent to play in.

Also do you have any jungle/safari animal toys? That you could make a centrepiece with? Or to decorate the cake.

Are you handy with baking and icing? I saw a cute biscuit iced to look like a lion. 

Also you could have a bowl of snake lollies, or if you can find jungle animal shaped jubes. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I think you're on a good track. Just serve chips/dip and cake. Your LO won't remember decorations or food. Don't let it stress you out. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"