Multiples
Options

Infant Car Seat Recommendations?

What is a good, LIGHT infant seat? I know its early, but if I can find a good sale, I'm going to snag them. If we are going to be carrying 2, they have to be light. I think the one we had for DS was 11.5 pounds. It was awful!
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Infant Car Seat Recommendations?

• Options
    I got the Graco 22 for my guys. One twin is quite chubby and he will still likely grow out by length before weight (29"). It is 7 pounds I think, and it's still pretty heavy to carry them both. I couldn't imagine twice as much carseat weight plus more than a 22 lb. baby in there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I havn't used mine yet because I am still pg, but I registered for the Gracco snugride 30. It is not early to start thinking about these things. There is so much to look into. I found Amazon reviews to be helpful too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had the Snugride 35 and I think it was 9+ lbs!  DS grew out of it at 11m (32") - he would have NEVER grown out of it weight wise.  He's still only 27 lbs and 36"+ at 21m. 

In other words, don't get the 35. 

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We got the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant carseats, not only are they very safe and go down to 4lbs (important to us because twins can have lower birth weights) but they seem to be a little lighter.  It also goes with the double Keyfit stroller, and will hold both baby seats!  The stroller says it's 15% lighter than other double strollers too.

We opted for an inline double stroller, because many side by side ones won't fit through a regular doorway.

Good Luck!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"