VBAC

Tips for helping improve baby's position?

I'm pretty sure my c/s was due to DD#1's position, not her size.  I remeber making efforts during my pregnancy with #2 to improve my chances of her being in better position, but I can't remember what they were.  Can someone help refresh my memory?  I know I need to check out spinninbabies.com again, but I was hoping for a quick list from the VBAC ladies!

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES

Re: Tips for helping improve baby's position?

• I really think staying active in labor made a big difference for me.  I got an epidural at 4cm with my first so I was in bed for basically all of active labor, and I ended up with a c/s for OP/failure to descend.  With my VBAC I moved around and stayed upright and basically did what felt most comfortable.  I know Gus was OP the morning before I went into labor, so I did a lot of walking and some time on hands and knees that day.  He was born OA so at some point he turned on his own, though I am not sure when.

Not sure if that is helpful but that is what I did. :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS was OP and that was definitely my problem last time (combined with laboring on my back).

This time I'm doing pelvic rocks often (I'm shooting for daily, but it's more like every other day) and I'm also seeing a chiropractor weekly.  I started seeing the chiropractor mostly because I had SPD last time and felt the pain creeping in again, but I've noticed a lot of benefits from it and it's supposed to be great for helping baby's position.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • Pelvic rocks, sitting with your hips level with or above your knees (meaning sitting up straight, not reclined).  I tried to spend at least 15 minutes a day on my hands and knees, either doing pelvic rocks or crawling.  I crawled around the room while watching TV, lol.  I also saw a chiropractor which had the added bonus of being relaxing and making me feel 15 pounds lighter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were trying to get the little guy to flip last time, and they recommended getting your booty above your waist, e.g. on your hands and knees!  Good luck :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"