Babies on the Brain

Introduction and anxiety

Hi, ladies. I just posted this on the TTGP board, as well, but thought I might "fit" in both of these categories. My name is Emily. I live in North Florida with my husband of almost 4 years. We have decided we are ready (well, as ready as you can be) to start trying to conceive. I finished my last birth control pack last week and we plan to start actively trying after getting more used to 2 or 3 post-pill cycles.

I look forward to following your progress and learning more about where you are in your journey.

I would be particularly interested in linking up with women who suffer from anxiety or OCD. I have been on Zoloft (50mg) and Buspar (20mg) daily for about two years now and am particularly scared about the possibility of needing to go off of these. I have an appointment with my OB next Thursday to discuss.

Thanks for reading :)

Re: Introduction and anxiety

• Welcome! There are a few other ladies around with anxiety issues. Good luck.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I also have anxiety issues. I was on 20mg of Paxil. I talked to my OB and she recommended I get off the Paxil and take Zoloft instead.  I now take 50mg of Zoloft. I would talk to your OB about it.  From what she told me, if your anxiety is too high, that's worse for the baby than the Zoloft.  Good luck with TTC!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have anxiety too. There are pros an cons to meds during pregnancy. For me, anxiety was worse than the possible side effects. I stayed on Zoloft 100mg both pregnancies without complication after talking to my OB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much for your responses. I'm looking forward to my appointment. The more I think about the pros and cons of meds the more anxious I get. I really trust this doctor though, so I will really trust his judgement on this one.
  • I suffer from anxiety and when I told my doc we were trying to conceive he told me to stop taking my Celexa if I felt that I could safely manage because studies are unclear whether or not it was safe for baby.  I decided it was worth it to try to go without for the safety of my future child.  It has been really hard going off my meds. I have difficulty sleeping and my stress induced indigestion has started to return. However, I still think it was the right decision.  ...at least so far.
    DX: Hashimoto's - August 2012

Me:30 / DH: 31

BFP#1 after 15 cycles on 12/1/2013 EDD 8/7/2014

Anniversary

• Welcome and good luck! I'm in North Florida too. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"