March 2012 Moms
Options

DS's Christmas Shopping Done!

We've been trying to decide what to get DS this year for Christmas since he will have no idea what's going on, but we still want to have that moment of giving him gifts and seeing his reaction.  We were going to get him one of those big wooden activity blocks but his doctor's office has one and he was not overly impressed.  So glad we didn't splurge on that!

All this is to say, I went to yoyo.com this morning just to start "browsing" and they had some great deals (first time customer deals plus other brands discounted; they also are doing 40% off one toy but sadly the brands I bought did not qualify).  Before I know it, I'd bought him the Leapfrog Learning House, a wooden xylophone, and a cute stuffed puppy all for less than we probably would have spent on that one wooden activity block.  Then, I went to their sister site, bookworm.com, and got 4 books - three of which were 30% off and the fourth was a little $3.99 board book.  I can't wait to give him everything Christmas morning!

Now I just have to figure out what to get all the "grown ups" in the family, which will not be nearly as much fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS's Christmas Shopping Done!

• Options
    I've been trying so hard not to just let LO open his toys..he is sooo ready for some of them, the temptation is very hard to resist...and we will be having two sets of Xmas pressies.. one at home and one at the in-laws since we are having Dinner there.
  • Options

Wow. DH and I are making a date out of Christmas shopping. We haven't had one really in the 8 months since DD was born. We've had time together but not an actual "go out without the baby" date. Not going until 12/9. That is when DH can go as he purchased the firearm neccessary for an extended deer season and when my friend can babysit.

I do have a number of books, a ring stacking toy, and just purchased a standing toy for $10. Like this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Leapfrog-learn-Groove-Musical-Table/4956533

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

Wow. DH and I are making a date out of Christmas shopping. We haven't had one really in the 8 months since DD was born. We've had time together but not an actual "go out without the baby" date. Not going until 12/9. That is when DH can go as he purchased the firearm neccessary for an extended deer season and when my friend can babysit.

I do have a number of books, a ring stacking toy, and just purchased a standing toy for $10. Like this one. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Leapfrog-learn-Groove-Musical-Table/4956533

LOL... either you shop in some real iffy neighborhoods or DD is getting a stuffed rudolf for xmas ?
  • Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

I had these visions of going Christmas shopping for DS together with DH but DH hates shopping so much that even gifts for the little guy won't get him out to the stores- especially during the holidays. But, I think when DS is older and we get into buying the fun stuff like train sets, bikes, etc., DH will get more into it.

Have fun on your date! :-) If makes you feel better - we haven't had a date night either! We have plenty of time together too, but haven't officially left DS with a sitter to go on a date.  We're having our "first date" in a couple of weeks to go to a Christmas party. I can't wait!

• Options
    imageWipz:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

LOL... either you shop in some real iffy neighborhoods or DD is getting a stuffed rudolf for xmas ?

lol. Nope. Just deer hunting. He missed most of the season because he was out of state on storm for the 2nd year in a row. But they allow 2 extra weeks of hunting for muzzle loaders only (different from a rifle). So I really couldn't make him go out with me on a day he could hunt. Sundays=no hunting. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"