VBAC

VBAC when...

I had to have an unplanned csection, I really wanted to experience a vaginal birth. When is it safe to have a VBAC? I heard 7 years? I don't want a csection again, but I also don't want to further injure my body. Your info will really help.
TIA :
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBAC when...

• My doctor/midwife team said I'd be able to VBAC for my next baby at my 6 week check up. They didn't give me a time frame but I have heard anywhere from 6 months to 2 years given as guidelines.  I'm pregnant again and hoping to VBAC when this one is due in late May. 

Good luck with whatever you decide! 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Oh really! Thank you! I was disappointed on how my LO came into the world it felt like I had no say so. It felt my dr was in a hurry to get him out. So I want to learn prepare my body on when it will be safe for a VBAC. I want to experience it so bad, so hopefully when my 2 LO is planned I can plan for that if my doc is on board with it, if not I may have to look for a new doc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB prefers two years between deliveries if I plan to have a VBAC. It will be two years three months since my c/s with DD when this baby comes.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • My OB wanted me to wait 6 months to get pregnant so that would be at least 15 months between deliveries.  However she said time frame really doesn't matter because most of the healing after a c-section occurs in the first 6 weeks.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • I think ACOG says at least 18 months between c-section and VBAC. However, DD is a little over 2 and I'm trying for a VBAC. So I have no idea where the 7 years thing came from.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My mom had a VBAC in 1995 twelve months after a complicated c-section. She said it was the easiest delivery she had. I'm hoping for a VBAC after two c-sections!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejesselayne8:
    My OB wanted me to wait 6 months to get pregnant so that would be at least 15 months between deliveries.  However she said time frame really doesn't matter because most of the healing after a c-section occurs in the first 6 weeks.

That is SO good to hear!! My babies will only be 13 months apart (it took us 9 years to get our miracle baby, and we're 40, so it was a huge surprise that I got pregnant again when LO was barely four months old) and I'm hoping I can do a VBAC. I had to have my c-section at just 29 weeks so I'm hoping that means (with smaller incision etc.) it was less traumatic on my body than a full-term c-section. We shall see... but I'm glad there's hope of at least trying for it. 

Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"